This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
APPOINTMENT: Full Time, Regular Status
LOCATION: San Dimas, CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Registrar’s primary functions are to provide vision and leadership for the Registrar. The responsibilities of this position are to manage all aspects of the Registrar’s functions and participate in directing improvements of academic records processes, workflow and their automation. Supervision and management of the transfer evaluation team, and the provision of second tier academic advising support to both learners and the Student Success Teams. This position is also responsible for the consistency and clarity of transfer guidelines and articulation agreements. This individual will maintain accurate degree progress reports for all learners based on program and catalog year. In addition, the Registrar will determine clearance for participation in commencement exercises, perform grad checks, and ensure readiness for degree conferral.
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of UC and the Azusa Pacific University System
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience in higher education
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent team management skills
Desired Experience / Education
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in higher education (Student Records and Academic Advising preferred)
- Jenzabar EX Student System (Registration and Advising Modules preferred)
- Experience managing change.
- Supervise and train transfer evaluation staff
- Provide leadership for the Registrar
- Assist with determining UC general studies requirements met by transfer courses, AP and CLEP
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Academic Advising module within Jenzabar
- Participate in the development of UC policies and practices as related to the processes for all pre-evaluations, learner tracking, and advising reports
- Provide advising support beyond that of the transfer evaluation staff
- Assist staff in establishing articulation agreements
- Establish guidelines for participation in and coordinate yearly commencement exercises
- Determine when learners have satisfied required coursework for degree conferral
- Act as the point person for the development of a new University catalog for Professional students. This includes leading a team to determine the needs for this new catalog.
- Develop yearly strategic and operational plans for the Registrar team in collaboration with the University’s strategic plan
- Interpret academic policies of the University, and make recommendations for policy changes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities with tight deadlines and limited supervision
- Superior communication skills across audiences and formats; demonstration of cross-team collaboration skills and ability to think strategically and creatively while offering insight and recommendations
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management ability to employ integration, scope time management, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, and procurement components.
- Ability to balance stakeholder expectations with project reality.
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem solving skills in a variety of situations.
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
- Depth of knowledge in instructional design and course development needed to deliver projects.
- Ability to ask the right questions and learn quickly.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures in a complex university setting
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, and work with little supervision
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- A “servant’s heart” that delights in providing the highest quality academic support services
- Ability to work independently on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, and draw conclusions
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- GoogleApps / Gmail (desired)
- Office applications software—Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel (required)
- Data analysis using spreadsheet tools (desirable)
- Presentation preparation software
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Azusa Pacific University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Azusa Pacific University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.