Position Title: Mechanical Specifications Engineer
Experience Minimum of 10 years
Position Reports To: Reliability Team Leader
Duration: Beaumont, TX.
Long Term 2 Years +
Maintain and creates the plant's mechanical specifications as it relates to stationary equipment and piping.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating and updating the site technical specifications and standards for stationary equipment (piping and structural).
• Align site standards with corporate standards if applicable (either by elimination of site standards or merging corporate guidelines into site standards)
• Assure consistent compliance with regulatory requirements and good engineering practices during the Engineering phases (ANSI/ASME B31.3, API 650, ASME BPV).
• Support Piping, Civil/Structural design work (Calculations for strength, rating, wind load, Constructability, Reliability in the given service) that is performed by outside resources by checking and reviewing the design.
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise to vendors and ensure the quality of the calculations and design of equipment.
• Support the maintenance planning group with engineering assistance related to equipment and piping issues.
In addition to their main role and responsibilities, the candidate will be engaged in the following activities:
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise, including coaching and mentoring of Contract Engineers and young in career Engineers in regards to mechanical design and calculations.
• Participate in failure investigations and analysis, problem solving activities associated to stationary equipment and piping
• Make recommendations on stock items and BOM creation
The following experience would be a valuable asset:
• Experience with exotic metallic alloys such as Nickel, Hastelloy, Monel, Inconnel as well as none metallic equipment such as FRP (Furan or Epoxy Resin) piping
• Experience with reviewing Civil Engineering drawings relating to Soil Reports, Foundations, Paving, Drainage, Structural Steel and Materials of Construction.
• Minimum of 10 years in a similar role.
• Significant experience with:
o Piping design and specialty metallurgy
o Code requirements (ANSI/ASME B31.3, API 650, ASME BPV)
o Welding procedures
• Must be comfortable with SAP, Adobe, MS Office
• Experience with Microstation, Autocad, CADWorx, would be desirable.
Burrow Global, LLC is a full service engineering, procurement, construction, and facility services firm with specialties in process automation, turnaround management, industrial buildings, and plant commissioning and start-up. The company has five offices in Texas servicing customers across the globe.
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 05:42:11 PDT