Information Technologist I
Red Hat Systems EngineerPosition Summary
This position functions as an information technologist (IT) serving as technical expert to participate in or oversee a variety of analytical and technical assignments that provide for problem diagnosis and solutions documentation, implementation, administration, support and maintenance of a variety of hardware and software products in an information technology infrastructure environment. The role is broadly split between providing day-to-day operational support for existing infrastructure services and users of those services, and project based work leading to the development and deployment of new infrastructure services.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; experience supporting enterprise client server applications running in a Windows or Unix server infrastructure environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
- Serve as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users, and vendors regarding service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters.
- Provide on-site or remote access diagnoses and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- Follow the ITIL methodology to manage operational work.
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice and consultancy for assigned technology.
- Evaluates infrastructure services equipment and software for purchase; recommends new configurations, provides training or arranges for vendor training for system users. Develops cost estimates and makes recommendations for systems development and upgrades to existing systems.
- Collaborate on or lead operating system projects through to successful implementation and hand over to operational support.
- Related technical experience through advanced experience deploying applications executables and/or creating RPMs, managing a private update and software repository; knowledge of various network protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, UDP, and routing protocols; knowledge of security policies, firewalls, VLANs, and network configuration; intermediate knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, Ruby or Python; advanced knowledge of server deployment technologies like Puppet, Chef or PowerShell for task automation; Familiar with OS, database and network security; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to perform under stress, interact with persons acting under stress, and adapt when confronted with emergency situations.
- Develop operational, installation, configuration and upgrade documentation for systems, hardware, software, and other computer related systems.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
Cover LetterWork Hours
STANDARD 8-5Bidding Eligibility end 08/08/2017 at 11:55 PM