Advancement Data & Report Associate
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ADDRA
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours : 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Advancement Data & Report Associate will perform daily gift processing and acknowledgement, update the donor database and provide regular financial/accounting reports and reconciliations. In support of the University Relations prospect management system, the Associate will assist in prospect screening, prospect reports and moves management, updating prospect records to accurately reflect ratings and activities. The Associate will provide crucial assistance and a firm foundation for the development staff's efforts to manage, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects and annual fund donors. He/she will, in collaboration with Director of Advancement Services and IT, assist in the development and design of reports for department needs. This detail oriented position will produce a variety of reports regularly and maintain an assortment of lists in support of Advancement needs and activities. The successful candidate will work with high-level, often confidential information, and operate under strict standards and tight deadlines.
- Responsible for accurate gift entry, batch preparation for the business office and gift acknowledgment production and oversight. This position records gifts, grants, and pledges to the University ensuring compliance with IRS tax laws and regulations, accounting best practices, and CASE standards.
- Independently produce, reconcile, organize and maintain reports from the University database (Jenzabar) and various other lists, including, but not limited to, regular gift reports, fund reports, alumni lists, mailing lists, prospect management reports, monthly gift reports for business office, monthly LYBUNT lists, annual pledge review and other reports and lists as requested by supervisor.
- In support of the University Relations prospect management system, provide donor/prospect screening/research and donor reports for Advancement staff as requested, for potential visits and events, alerting staff of any changes in constituent vital information, including gifts, news or activities.
- Assist Director of Advancement Services in designing and revising reports to be pulled from the University database in support of department goals and activities.
- Develop, revise and produce timely appropriate acknowledgement and other letters as assigned.
- Accurately maintain the University database by (but not limited to):
- Updating constituent information, including name, contact information, biographical information, relationship data, employment, prospect ratings, class notes, etc.
- Adding new constituents appropriately.
- Updating Organization information and contacts.
- Adding and updating corporate matching gift policies. Appropriately apply for matching gifts and monitor receipt of pending matching gifts. Research and contact corporations regarding their matching gift policies and procedures.
- Participate in prospect management meetings as requested.
- Maintain active knowledge of University gift acceptance policies and procedures.
- Assist immediate supervisor in cross-training Advancement staff and support new University Relations employee orientation.
- May oversee student workers.
- Participate in department meetings, university committees and professional development programs as required.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Minimum of Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in a fundraising environment or related advancement experience, preferably for a nonprofit or higher education institution. Experience with gift processing and donor database usage desired (ex. Jenzabar, Raiser's Edge).
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (knowledge of Pivot Tables a plus) and mail merge with Word.
- Bookkeeping or Accounting experience desirable.
- Able to utilize the Internet (including social media) and provided resources to conduct constituent research.
- Proven excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, manage changing priorities, work with frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Initiative, problem solving skills and high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good judgment, confidentiality and discretion in communicating with colleagues and constituents.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must project a positive and professional image.
- Must be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities, and communities different from one's own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of and appreciation for the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.