Coordinator I, Theater-Fine Arts (17000568)
Coordinator I, Theater-Fine Arts (17000568)
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive. Conroe, Texas 77384-4500
Under general supervision, provides oversight and facilitation of day-to-day operations within assigned area of specialty, participating in planning, development, evaluation and improvement. Assists with ensuring smooth and efficient operations. Responsible for coordination of support functions such as scheduling, communications, workflows, supplies, information processing, and staff support. May be responsible for coordinating budget planning process and for tracking and coordinating budget expenditures. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practices.
WITHIN THIS POSITION:
Provides a high-level coordination of programs and functions in the Visual and Performing Arts area and acts as primary contact/liaison for all performing arts events. This includes but is not limited to responsibility for scheduling and overseeing events (internal and external), communicating with outside agencies, handling contracts and billing, producing promotional materials, and coordinating and overseeing personnel.
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of assigned area. Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of area and acts as Subject Matter Expert and general point of contact within the area of specialty
- Creates and submits a variety of reports related to assigned department. Performs research and analysis to assists with preparation and presentation of findings. May make presentations at various levels both internally and externally
- Some positions may assist with maintaining compliance of processes and documentation
- Assists with training and monitoring of department staff. Schedules and prioritizes work activities and develops and organizes training materials
- Assists with evaluation of programs and makes recommendations for revisions to processes and procedures, with a focus on continuous departmental/process improvement. Assists with development of new programs
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Assists with planning, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within the department. Submits requisitions and follows up with reconciliation documentation
- Monitors and maintains website for department and external use
- Assists with entering and tracking the department budget
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
- Minimal physical effort is required.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as some evening and weekend work is required
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance to include more than 4 weeks paid holidays and up to 20 annual vacation days, full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.