Research Associate I/II, Antibody Discovery
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned.)
- Routinely performs or participates in on-going laboratory experiments involved in antibody discovery with general supervision. Activities include: animal immunizations, hybridoma generation, high-throughput biochemical and cellular screens, small scale antibody purification and sequencing of antibody genes.
- Follows standard laboratory protocols and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Works independently on routine assignments and contributes to further protocol optimization
- May develop new protocols with general guidance by supervisor and/or other scientists.
- Generates and analyzes routine and moderately complex data produced from a wide variety of laboratory techniques and analytic instrumentation under general supervision using appropriate computer technology and applications and/or statistical analyses.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks at the same time to produce quality results in a consistent and timely manner.
- Organizes and communicates results in a timely manner. Prepares data summaries and presents them at team, project, and department meetings, accurately records experiments and data in laboratory notebooks, databases, and monthly reports.
- Participates on cross-functional teams by performing experiments and presenting data at team meetings.
- Supports lab operations by stocking common lab supplies, performing assigned common equipment maintenance, and serving on at least one of the following committees: safety, purchasing, organization, animal care, common equipment, etc.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities Individual should be proficient in the following skills:
- Experience with sterile tissue culture technique including the ability to track, subclone, expand and prepare for liquid nitrogen storage a large number of hybridomas.
- Experience with hybridoma generation through PEG and/or electro-fusion.
- Antibody-based assays including enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and flow cytometry.
- Small laboratory animal handling including immunization, blood and tissue collection.
- A good understanding of basic immunology, molecular biology, and the relationship between antibody structure & function is desired.
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, well organized and work effectively as part of a team.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's (B.S.) or Master's (M.S.) degree in biology, immunology, or equivalent with 1-5 years of related experience and/or training.
Kyowa Kirin Pharmaceutical Research, Inc., a dynamic BioPharma organization engaged in the discovery of novel therapeutics for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, or perceived affiliation with persons belonging to these protected classes.
La Jolla, CA
Tue, 1 Aug 2017 08:58:52 PDT