Job Number: 75844
Marketing Specialist 1, Classification G, 100% FTE, Exempt Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, Stanford University One Year Fixed Term Job Title: Marketing Specialist 1 Job Family: Marketing Job Series: Marketing Specialist Job Code: 4892 Grade: G Exemption: Exempt Effective/Revision Date: 01/21/2016 Job Series Matrix URL: View PDF Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
DESCRIPTION: The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL) delivers Stanford University courses and programs online, on campus, and at the work site. The Marketing Specialist (MS) reports to the Associate Director of Digital Marketing and Communications and, with minimal supervision, ensures the timely and efficient creation, posting, and delivery of marketing messages, campaign reporting, database management, and reporting. The MS participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the VPTL integrated marketing/communications plan, including: paid advertising, email communications, and VPTL main web site updates, ensuring that all meet VPTL goals for enrollment, lead generation, and customer engagement.
The MS works with the VPTL communications and marketing team, program managers, customer service, distribution, and current, past, and potential students on a regular basis and with program teams as needed.
The successful incumbent must have excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of online marketing principles and best practices, demonstrated experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint; use of project management tools like TeamWork; Excel statistical features, preferred; some knowledge of HTML, Drupal, and marketing automation software (Marketo) a plus.
This is a one year fixed-term position.
JOB PURPOSE: With minimal supervision, participate in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives that enable programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. Support cross-functional collaboration across the organization. CORE DUTIES*:
- Execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Implement marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Write, edit and schedule select marketing communications which adhere to communications and brand strategy for a variety of channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Manage the design and production of select marketing materials.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program/service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and research market trends.
- May plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Monitor and oversee product/program budgets to meet program goals.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opening.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Thank you for your interest!
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.