Associate Operations Director
Associate Operations Director
University of Redlands
POSITION CODE: 3843
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: July 28, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Reporting to the Director of Event Services, the Associate Operations Director will manage/direct the operational initiatives within the Event Services department in support of the Universities mission. This position is responsible for all operational aspects of event planning; including campus events, external events and summer conferences.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
A. Event Scheduling and Planning
• Plan and propose workflows for internal and external events.
• Coordinate and manage the set-up, production and breakdown of all internal and external events, ensuring the delivery of a high quality event.
• Coordinates facilities and guest logistics for internal and external events.
• Supervise and manage all vendors and contractors working on location to ensure a smooth operation throughout each event.
• Provides supervision of Event Operations Coordinators when communicating with internal or external clients during events.
• Provide logistics management and inventory control of all equipment's, materials and any other items.
• Assign internal and external events to Event Operations Coordinators.
• Optimizes the use of technology including event planning software and social media for marketing.
• Conducts comprehensive event planning operations for complex internal and external events, including set-up and breakdown coordination and post-event evaluation, including budget reconciliation.
• Ensures smooth-running events, including recognizing and resolving potential and actual problems in a timely manner using tact, discretion and political acumen.
• Provide direction and training for staff/students that will assist with event operations and monitoring events.
• Monitor the adherence to all safety, ADA, alcohol, insurance, fire and Sate of California laws pertaining to event management.
• Manage the Event Services truck and golf cart program.
• Manage University facilities to ensure that facilities are in optimum condition for events.
B. Summer Conferences
• Manage the day to day organizing, work flow, and assure that all activities and events are coordinated and reviewed for a smooth and effective transition and competition.
• Consult/meet with Associate Director and Event Coordinators regarding contracted needs, and assign to Event Operations Coordinator.
• Recruit, interview and hire summer staff as needed for contracted Summer Conferences.
• Create monthly training program for summer staff, and implement training program.
• Recruits, interviews, selects, trains, develops and disciplines Event Operations staff.
• Provides evaluations for all direct reports in accordance to University guidelines.
• Follows through on personnel issues.
• Manages Event Operations Coordinator schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for events.
D. Periodic Job Duties
• Promote and develop positive university departmental relationships.
• Assist with housing transition at the beginning and end of the summer.
• Work closely with Bon Apetit catering in regards to catering and event needs.
• Research local competitors and create, develop and implement new marketing strategies.
• Special projects as signed by the Director.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Position requires a Bachelor's Degree, experience will be considered in lieu of education. A minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience hiring, training, supervising and coaching employees. Demonstrated experience of the components of planning events (e.g., ambiance, décor, equipment, personnel, regulations, risk management). Knowledge of city, county, state and federal policies and ordinances pertaining to events. The successful candidate must have experience in planning and executing multiple events and conferences simultaneously. A working knowledge of 25Live scheduling software is preferred. Must possess exceptional communication, organizational and service skills, exhibiting attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to coordinate and manage last-minute changes and unexpected circumstances. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret regulations; and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Successful candidate will competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form, found at http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/associate-operations-director---3843/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER