Support Analyst I
Job Description Summary: Job ID: 4575 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Under general direction, provide support to clients in their use of technology, including software, hardware, audiovisual, and networking issues. Function as a support resource and assist other support staff, providing ongoing guidance to the clients and support team. Troubleshoot and solve technical issues related to the designated environment. Document resources used, steps taken toward resolution and work to provide excellent service and initiatives.
1. Provide Tier I technical support to clients remotely or in the field by identifying, reporting, tracking, troubleshooting and resolving incidents and requests using appropriate tools and applications.
2. Troubleshoot Tier I technology issues including software, hardware, audiovisual, and networking issues.
3. Emergency "on-call" rotation
4. Escalate complex problems that cannot be resolved to Tier II, and work with Tier II staff to assure resolution.
5. Document resources used, steps taken toward resolution and work to provide excellent service and initiatives in the Knowledge Center Support Repository
6. Provide and/or share technical knowledge with other support staff in the resolution of problems/requests related to the designated system.
7. Actively promote a customer-oriented environment in which the client is treated professionally and courteously. Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
8. Demonstrate strong customer service skills including the ability to constructively, diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handle customer complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
9. Identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; analyze and interpret root causes associated with a given problem; look at problems from other perspectives; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
10. Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; get messages across that instigate appropriate actions.
11. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences including end users and clients.
12. Learn quickly, adapt to change to meet the needs of the IT environment when given direction and guidance.
13. Show initiative to make basic decisions in daily work where risk is low, saving manager time; gather inputs and come to practical/sensible solutions; identify and escalate more significant decision point appropriately.
14. Accurately restate the opinions and needs of others; demonstrate patience and active listening.
15. Apply principles and processes of service levels to work.16. Participate in professional development activities.
17. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Require an Associate’s degree earned by date of hire. Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.