Manager of Platform Services - Information Technology
General Summary of Position:
The Platform Services Manager is the team's customer service champion, responsible for executing UMass Lowell IT's vision for superior platform and client systems services and support. The Platform Services Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the campus' IT Platform Technicians and is responsible for ensuring the success of the Platform Services mission of delighting customers and ensuring their continued success and efficient productivity with their digital devices. Additionally, the Platform Services Manager is responsible for full lifecycle management of IT client assets.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors degree required
- Requires 5 or more years of experience in a large Information Technology environment with progressively increasing experience, and at least 2 years of previous leadership and/or management experience
- Requires extraordinary customer service skills and the desire and ability to go "above-and-beyond" on any given ticket to ensure customer success
- Requires ITIL foundations certification or the ability to achieve it within 3 months of start date
- Superior written and oral communication skills; the ability to clearly and articulately explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse teams of technical and non-technical team members
- Strong problem solving and research skills. Must be able to encounter new problems and devise solutions without guidance or support
- Requires proficiency with installing, configuring and operating Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- Requires proficiency in "fleet management" technologies for managing large inventories of deployed multi-platform computers
- Requires previous experience with virtual desktops or other client/server application delivery technologies
- Thorough understanding of Local Area Networks and TCP/IP protocols
- Proficiency with desktop and laptop hardware repair and replacement
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- A passion for the Information Technology industry
- A critical eye and excellent analytical skills
- Strong sense of professionalism and confidentiality
- A preference will be given to candidates possessing desktop-focused IT certifications such as, MCITP:DA, MCITP:EDST, MCDST, ACMT, A+, Security+ or MCSE:DI
- Preference given to candidates with previous Higher Education experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in the areas of MIS, IT, Management, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working with virtual desktop environments is preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to a cover letter, resume and references, please submit a sample of a document that you have created for end-users that explains how to use some piece of technology infrastructure. How-to guides, job aids and instruction books are all examples.
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.