FM Traffic Manager
Job Title FM Traffic Manager
The FM Traffic Manager and Operations Assistant is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of daily on-air traffic and automation logs for WGCU-FM, HD-2, and HD-3. Assists with the coordination and production of daily show promos.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Two years of experience utilizing traffic systems, automation systems, and familiarity with radio studio equipment.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training in Radio/Television/Film may substitute for an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Mass Communication, Broadcast Journalism, Radio and Television, Media Arts, or closely related field.
Experience using Myers ProTrack traffic software, Simian automation, Adobe Audition, PRSS Content Depot, and PRX.
Experience in public media (radio and/or TV).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of digital audio editing and radio automation systems.
Knowledge of FCC rules applicable to non-commercial radio and television underwriting and industry ethics.
Knowledge of format program clocks and schedules, and effective promo placement within those clocks.
Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with strong attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, constituents, and volunteers.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to go on-air and deliver scripted or ad lib content as needed.
Salary Range $18.20 hourly ($38,000 Annually) + Depending on Qualifications
Essential Job Duties
•Generates daily traffic and automation logs for WGCU-FM, HD-2 and HD-3.
•Uses concurrent software to import and build the program schedules (underwriting/promos/programs) into respective automation systems.
•Assigns playback carts, enters underwriting recordings into assigned carts, and maintains underwriting and promo cart database.
•Ensures that all broadcast material complies with FCC rules and regulations, university policies, and in compliance with the stations' audio quality guidelines.
•Assists the WGCU Audio Engineer/Producer by providing technical and production assistance for the daily talk show, voice recordings, music mixing, and off-site productions.
•Prints monthly affidavits and invoices from the Pro-Track system. Generates Pro-Track reports when requested by WGCU Directors or Underwriting staff. Serves as liaison with Pro-Track Traffic customer service.
•Produces data for station management, the sales team, and clients to analyze the effectiveness of campaigns.
•Reviews reports for underwriting discrepancies. Reschedule discrepancies as needed.
•Collaborates with FM Station Manager/News Director to modify program clocks and schedule specials.
•Assists and provides back up to the TV Traffic Manager as needed.
•Serves as essential personnel and on-call duty to assist management with after-hours programming issues as needed.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS304P
Open Date 08/01/2017
Close Date 08/29/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have two (2) or more years of experience utilizing traffic systems, automation systems, and familiarity with radio studio equipment? (Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training in Radio/Television/Film may substitute for an equivalent combination of education and experience.)
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214