SQL Data Analyst
Summary of Job Function and Purpose
Fulfill reporting and data analysis needs for the Company including designing, creating, publishing and managing reports and dashboards. Design and implement business intelligence solutions using SQL Management Studio, Reporting Services and Analysis Services tools. Perform complex data analysis based on internal and external user and customer requests. Setup and configure customer settings within business applications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement reports for internal and external use, including adhoc and published reports. Meet with users to establish correct report criteria
- Build and maintain multidimensional data cubes using SQL Analysis Services and SQL Integration Services to provide advanced business intelligence.
- Perform data analysis per management requests.
- Maintain Reporting Services user security.
- Train users in efficient and effective use of Reporting Services reports.
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL language and MySQL as evidenced by ability to write complex SQL queries, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Analysis Services and SQL Server Integration Services
- Ability to understand the business requirements, user needs and the relationships between user requests and database integrity
- Must have the ability to prioritize user requests
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) or Business, Finance or Accounting with an emphasis in MIS
- Minimum 5 years experience of business data analysis in a corporate environment utilizing SQL
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Understanding of software development methodologies
- Knowledge of complex database structures
- Experience with Structured Query Language, MS SQL Server, MySQL or other relational databases
MSLA is a private provider of Medical Evaluation Services. Since 1998, we have been providing medical evaluation services to federal, state, third party administrators and private insurance companies. MSLA has distinguished itself by delivering objective unbiased examination reports with a prompt turnaround. We have established a reputation of quality and excellence within this industry through exceptional customer service, as well as meeting or exceeding client expectations.
MSLA's Core Values are at the heart of our business and are subsequently extremely important to understand and operate by. These values include:
Do the right thing. Our clients, patients, and providers all expect this of MSLA and we deliver on this promise in every facet of our business.
MSLA is devoted to honest and fair business practices. We work vigorously with all of our partners to ensure that we manage ourselves in a way that cannot be viewed as anything else but 100% ethical.
We at MSLA encourage all of our staff members, clients, and providers to move MSLA forward. Whether it is customer service, technology or new business ventures, we want to work together in improving our service delivery. This takes a total team effort and MSLA is committed to just that.
We are all dependent upon each other to succeed in life, so we need to do our best to treat others with respect while reaching toward a common goal. No matter what your interaction is with MSLA, you are considered a part of the MSLA Team!
Apply on company website: MSLAca.com/employment
MSLA is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. MSLA has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. MSLA recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
MSLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MSLA IS A DRUG FREE AND SMOKE FREE WORKPLACE
MSLA UTILIZES E-VERIFY
Tue, 1 Aug 2017 08:36:18 PDT