Postdoctoral Scholar - Igarashi Laboratory
Open August 1st, 2017 through June 30th, 2018
A postdoctoral scholar position is available in the Igarashi laboratory at University of California Irvine. We investigate (1) circuit mechanisms for associative memory in the circuit of entorhinal cortex and hippocampus, and (2) how these mechanisms in the memory circuit are affected and can be manipulated to restore memory in Alzheimer's disease models. Our work uses in vivo tetrode/silicon probe recordings from behaving mice, optogenetics, memory behavioral tasks, and single-cell anatomy. The successful candidate will work on either or both of above two projects.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. with research experience relevant to our lab interests and a desire to work independently within a collaborative team environment. Preference will be given to candidates with established expertise in either in vivo or in vitro electrophysiology. We are especially seeking an outstanding candidate interested in combining genetic approaches with in vivo electrophysiological recording from behaving mice. Competitive applicants should have at least one high-quality, first-author publication.
Learn more about our research program at www.igarashilab.org
To apply: Please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at:
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following materials: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04222
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
- Research Statement - describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the Igarashi laboratory
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research - Describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the Igarashi laboratory. (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now