Program Manager, Asia Operations - Illinois Fire Service Institute (A1700465)
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Illinois Fire Service Institute
Primary Position Function/Summary: Perform managerial duties that involve a broad range of bilingual and multi-cultural knowledge and the application of techniques and practices to the international programs. Work in all operational areas of the IFSI International Programs with particular emphasis on coordination, planning, developing, and execution of the programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively engage in the planning, developing, preparing and administering all programs and activities that are designed to meet needs and interests of IFSI and its international customers, focusing on three main areas of library and information science, firefighting, and emergency response management.
• Keep in close touch with international partners and customers to translate a range of documents, including program curriculum and other related materials, prepare the name list, program content and schedule, invitation letters, field trips, speakers, and cultural and social activities.
• Work directly with the Director to develop and post hourly student's job ad, review resumes, conduct interviews and make recommendations.
• Follow the University's visa guidelines to obtain international visitor's information, passport, financial letter, research plan, resume, diploma, confirmation of interview, DS7002, and other related documents as required and needed. Provide details to the IFSI Director and his administrative assistant to obtain the IFSI invitation letter for the visitor. Help review and send the visa and all associated documents (e.g., DS-2019) to the visitor and help answer any questions the visitor may have.
• Provide day-to-day administration of the IFSI international programs to ensure smooth and efficient management of all programs.
• Design promotional and marketing materials, including but not limit to web pages, flyers, brochures, and year books.
• Develop partnerships with IFSI library staff, program directors, IT people and other partners to obtain information and utilize tools while creating and implementing the programs. Consult with IFSI library reference team for their assistance in providing answers to international customer reference questions, utilizing online tools such as WeChat and QQ to communicate with the international customer. Work with the IFSI Fire Prevention Program Director to obtain their expertise when developing training programs.
• Correspond or communicate on a variety of matters with the Director of the IFSI International Programs, IFSI Director, IFSI staff, and international partners and customers.
• Interpret, administer and update established policies and procedures, entitled "IFSI International Programs Standard Operating Guidelines".
• Work closely with IFSI international partners in developing joint grant proposals; identify donors, maintain donor relations, and manage annual scholarship award for the IFSI China Endowment Fund.
• Work closely with IFSI Library to provide support to research projects and publications conducted by IFSI Chinese visiting scholars in Library and Information Science and emergency response management, by providing translation of Chinese written questions, or assist the visiting scholars when communicating with the IFSI library.
• Collaborate with other campus international programs such as the University International Programs and Studies (e.g., for MOUs agreement; invitation letters; visa applications; etc.), China Executive Leadership Programs (e.g., for China's State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Program), and others sponsored by a variety of units on campus. Create and submit MOU agreements in collaboration with the office of University International Programs and Studies. This includes obtaining signatures from China organizations, China's State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs Program Office, and the University's China Executive Leadership.
• Work will involve evening and weekend hours consistent with business hours of the international countries.
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost
Director, Illinois Fire Service Institute
Director, Illinois Fire Service Institute Library and International Program
Program Manager, Asian Operations
• Bachelors degree
• Masters degree
• Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) in listening, speaking, reading,and writing
• Familiarity with multicultural work environment
• Ability to work accurately with details
• Experience in international program planning and development
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Good problem-solving and decision-making ability
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision and under time pressure
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Oral and written translation skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is a 12-month, 100% time academic professional appointment with regular University benefits. The proposed starting date is negotiable after the close date.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your letter of interest (including email address), resume and contact information for three professional letters of reference by August 15, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding the application procedures, you may contact Lori Kelso, email@example.com
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Public Safety
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Program Manager, Asia Operations - Illinois Fire Service Institute (A1700465)
Open Date: 08/01/2017
Close Date: 08/15/2017
Organization Name: Fire Service Institute