CLINICAL EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Duties: The primary function of this position is to disseminate evidence-based practices developed by members of the NewCourtland Center with a major focus on the Transitional Care Model (TCM), through participating in the following initiatives: providing clinical expertise to support current and future research initiatives; offering synchronous and asynchronous web-based educational seminars and other customized educational activities; and providing expert consultations for diverse teams or organizations interested in implementing a transitional care program.
The Clinical Education Coordinator also will participate in efforts to promote awareness of and use of the research contributions of Center members in clinical practice settings via the Penn Nursing website and relevant social media, and traditional marketing and publishing of study findings, interviews, presentations and by preparing reports and other required documentation for external and internal partners.
Qualifications: * Master's degree in clinical nursing with and at least 5-7 years of clinically relevant experience is or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
*Active NP certification required.
*Experience working with older adults and family caregivers, interdisciplinary teams and quality assurance measures is required.
* Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with an ability to work independently as well as part of a large multidisciplinary research team including multiple, diverse practice sites are required. Knowledge of acute care facilities and other health care settings is essential; familiarity with home care and discharge planning processes preferred.
* Experience with organizational methods, protocols and process implementation are essential skills. Proficiency with MS Office programs, and database skills are required. Experience with web-based learning tools and social media is preferred.
* Familiarity with the greater Philadelphia area, and experience within a community and academic research setting also is highly desired.
* Must be able to travel by car throughout the greater Philadelphia area. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and car insurance are required for daily local travel.
* Flexible hours are required.
Reference Number: 06-26462
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Biobehavioral and Health Sciences
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: J-Technical/Professional Medicine/Health