Working Title: Research Technician
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Psychiatric Medicine
Posting Date: 08-01-2017
The Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia is seeking a Research Technician to support research in its Neurobiology section located at the Fontaine Research Park. The Research Technician assists in conducting basic preclinical studies on the behavioral and molecular mechanisms of addiction under the direction of the Principal Investigator. The incumbent takes an active role in the daily operation of the laboratory and performs surgical procedures on animals.
This Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Public Health, or a related field. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of one year of relevant laboratory experience handling animals. Student and/or volunteer experience may be considered in lieu of work experience.
This position is restricted and is contingent upon availability of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Able to work with animal subjects.
2. Superior organizational skills.
3. Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
4. Working knowledge of research ethics and protocols.
5. Ability to plan and execute tasks.
6. Working knowledge of database development.
7. Ability to train and supervise others.
8. Ability to resolve problematic situations.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82421