Temporary Coordinator of Student Leadership
Temporary Coordinator of Student Leadership
Position Number: 53000908
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Oconee
Job Close Date: 08/14/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Coordinator of Student Leadership. This position coordinates, administers, and supports all activities, initiatives and events intentionally designed to promote leadership and diversity development, and student activities on the Oconee Campus. This position requires occasional night, weekend, and overnight duties. Occasional traveling to other UNG campuses is required.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Coordinator of Student Leadership will:
- Serve as a member of the UNG Leadership Team providing holistic leadership development for all UNG students, including, but not limited to Student Conference on Leadership, L3, PLP, etc. with primary implementation responsibilities on OCN campus. The UNG Leadership Team has members on the Dahlonega, Gainesvillle, and Oconee campuses.
- Co-advise Nighthawks Entertainment with the Director of Student Involvement, and assist with providing the Oconee campus with various student activity opportunities including planning the annual Fall Carnival and Spring Fling events.
- Advise the Multicultural Student Association and Gay Straight Alliance, actively supporting their events, meetings, and initiatives. Coordinate the Safe Zone and Green Zone programs for the Oconee Campus. Plan and organize events to promote special recognition of diversity. Collaborate with the Multicultural Student Affairs office and the Advisor to the President on Diversity on university wide diversity initiatives.
- Serve as a resource to assist student leaders and faculty/staff advisors with administrative processes affiliated with club and organization events, activities, and travel.
- Hire, train, and developmentally supervise Student Involvement student workers who assist and support the Office of Student Involvement's programs and functions.
- Oversee on campus marketing to insure quality promotion of campus events, including the weekly publication and distribution of the Toilet Paper.
- Responsible for most of the purchasing and administrative duties for the Oconee Office of Student Involvement. Serve as the liaison to campus catering for the Oconee Campus.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled meetings with Oconee Student Affairs; participate and contribute to Division wide and campus initiatives such as New Student Orientation, Open House, Weeks of Welcome, and Convocation. Active participation in strategic planning and i pnovation efforts for the Division of Student Affairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, teamwork, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, have patience, and to multitask
- Knowledge of leadership theory and cultural competency are preferred
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Three (3) years of related experience; or a combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, or related field is preferred
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.