Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant I-1702258
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
High school diploma/GED. Three (3) years of progressively responsible full time office experience. Must have the ability to work diligently to help maintain clinic flow. Excellent communication and interpersonal phone skills in a fast pace office environment. Work effectively and efficiently with staff, families, children and the public via telephone and personal contact. Ability to use computer and word processing software programs, multi--lined telephone system and copier. Ability to sort, alphabetize documents, records and/or files. Good written, literacy and language skills.
Progressively responsible office experience. Knowledge of the WIC program preferred. Bilingual/ Spanish preferred.
- Answer telephones, retrieve voicemail message and relay message to appropriate staff. Travel to other WIC clinics when coverage is needed. Clinic locations include, East Setauket, Bay Shore, Hauppauge and Farmingville.
- Provide participant centered clinic support for the WIC program.
- Meet compliance training requirements for the Research Foundation at Stony Brook Medicine and the WIC Program.
- Incumbent is responsible for handling personnel paper work including, employee time-sheets bi-weekly in accordance to the Research Foundation rules and regulations.
- Complete time effort reports quarterly and quality assurance self-evaluation bi-annually as required by the WIC program.
- Verify documents and proof of financial, residential and categorical eligibility for the WIC program. Distribute WIC checks and ensure proper use. Utilize WICSIS according to state policy.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and the Local Agency Site Manager, assist in the implementation of WIC program polices and protocol.
- Provide good customer service to participants including, help with language translation for participant and staff members.
- Educate participant about the WIC program.
- Include guidance to other local community programs by providing educational material and referral resources that can be beneficial to the participant.
- Facilitate/schedule staff meetings including community outreach visits to local community programs as well as local doctor office, conferences and workshops.
- Participate in group facilitated discussion classes at the local agency as needed.
- Coordinate reproduction and maintain inventory of all WIC program materials. Ensure materials are available in appropriate languages.
- Conduct anthropometry measurements and on site hematology using the finger stick method to determine hemoglobin levels in participants as young as 9 months old. (The Certification is done at Stony Brook Medicine when candidate is selected). Conduct quality assurance tests and organize and maintain site hematology binder in correlation with Stony Brook Medicine rules and regulations.
- Conduct and maintain inventory of all office, hematology, and breastfeeding supplies needed for the WIC program.
- Maintain and be in control of participant appointment reports by using the WICSIS no show report and WICSIS program tools. Responsible for filling and pull charts for WIC participant appointments. Provide chart to appropriate staff member. Conduct on going chart review to ensure WIC files are maintained properly.
- Review/screen medical referral forms and medical documentation forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Review updated WIC policies, memos and Communiqu` as they are released to the local agency.
- Ensure the presence of participants al all certifications and health and nutrition update appointments.
- Schedule appointments for initial and existing WIC participants in the federally mandated time period. Reschedule appointments when needed. Review appointment no-show lists and contact participants by phone an/or mail to ensure that participants receive WIC benefits.
Special Notes:The incumbent will be working in Stony Brook’s Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Program. WIC is a supplemental nutrition program for income eligible pregnant and postpartum women and children up to their fifth birthday. For more information about WIC visit our website at www.stonybrookmedicine.edu/WIC.
Incumbent will be primarily reporting to the Bay Shore WIC Office at 1444 Fifth Avenue, Bay Shore NY 11706. The position may require daily travel to WIC sites when needed for coverage. The sites are located in East Setauket, Hauppuage and Farmingville. Incumbent will also be required to attend mandatory NYSDOH training on Long Island and within NY State. You must maintain a valid New York Driver’s License.
FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Administrative Assistant I
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Hauppauge
Department/Hiring Area: Family, Population and Preventive Medicine-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Part-time Day Shift 9-5,11-7, 8-4Family, Population and Preventive Medicine-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Aug 1, 2017
Posting End Date: Aug 15, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: @0.8 FTE: $25,600/Ann
Salary Grade: N6