Casual Hourly - Employer Engagement (EE)
Requisition # 2017-7837
Department Career Services
Category Student Affairs and Services
Date Posted 8/1/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 8/20/2017
Career Services at Princeton University helps our students define a unique career and life vision, and then connects them in multidimensional, personalized ways to the resources, people, organizations and opportunities that will enable them to make their visions a reality. As part of the Employer and Alumni Engagement and Outreach Team, Employer Engagement (EE) is responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing relationships with employers who may provide a variety of meaningful career development and employment opportunities for students. The team facilitates connections between employers, students, and alumni within a career exploration and recruiting context. Reporting to the Employer Engagement Manager and working in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment, the Employer Engagement Assistant will be primarily responsible for reviewing, vetting, and evaluating all incoming employer and job posting requests as well as assisting the team with logistics for the On-Campus Recruiting Program.
- Following the vetting process, approve/decline employer account registrations as well as full-time and internship position postings in the Handshake system. Communicate directly with and assist employers as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Employer Outreach (EO) team with regard to employer approvals and job postings for newly established employer relationships.
- Support the On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) program by assisting at information sessions and other recruiting-related events as well as on-campus interviews.
- Work closely with University Scheduling to schedule, confirm and change recruiting-related event reservations.Communicate with directly employers to help plan and promote their recruiting-related events. Create events and OCR schedules in the Handshake system. Review both Handshake and OCR schedule daily to make sure they match, since the schedule is constantly in flux.
- Ensure OCR employers receive confirmation email(s) for on-campus interviews and information sessions & other events. Send reminder emails the week before with driving & parking instructions, etc.
- Assist the EE team with all last minute changes to interview schedules & events locations. Ensure the accuracy of all schedules and updated schedules.
- Assist in greeting/checking in students and employers during On-Campus Interviews (OCIs). Record in Handshake if a student cancelled or failed to attend an interview and manage any adhoc interview schedule changes.
- Provide support for major campus events involving employers, including, but not limited to as Meetups and career fairs.
- Create invoice schedule(s) for interviews (paid vs. unpaid) and invoice OCI employers.
- Enter selected job postings for the “Postings of the Week” publication sent by the Communications team..
- Assist with other Career Services assignments and projects as needed.
- Ability to pay attention to fine details
- Project management experience
- Strong communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial
- Enthusiasm to contribute to success of Princeton students and alumni while supporting mission and vision of Princeton University Career Services
- Interest and commitment to professional and personal development of Princeton students and alumni
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
In addition, the Employer Engagement Team seeks a candidate who can work flexible hours to support events, programs, and information sessions. This may include occasional early morning and evening hours. Hours will be approximately 5-7 hours per day depending on the time of year.
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.