Assistant Professor - Kraemer Family Library
Kraemer Family Library at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs seeks an enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative instruction librarian to help support and develop the instructional and research services at UCCS through the application of information literacy standards, instructional technologies, pedagogies, and assessment. This is a tenure-track position starting at the rank of assistant professor. Recent graduates from an ALA accredited library school are encouraged to apply.
Reports to Director of Instructional and Research Services
Salary Range: $45,000 - $49,500/year
1. Delivers information literacy instruction to UCCS Writing Program and Gateway Program seminars.
2. Serves as the liaison to the Gateway Program Seminar.
3. Develops online learning materials, i.e. Libguides, videos, tutorials.
4. Assists in the development/teaching of targeted workshops for a diverse student population, faculty, and staff.
5. Serves as the liaison to at least one academic division or department, providing collection development, library instruction, and research assistance.
6. Provides reference service 6-10 hours per week including some nights and weekends.
7. Participates in the development of policies, procedures and goals for the instruction program.
8. Serves on appointed library, campus, and university committees.
9. Assists with special projects as identified by the Director of Instructional and Research Services or the Dean.
10. Develops professionally as a member of the academic community through scholarly activities (research, publishing, conference presentations), professional practice, service, conference attendance, and continuing education.
Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience /coursework in library instruction and reference services.
- Background in nursing and/or health sciences.
- Experience with emerging technologies in the library environment.
- Experience in an academic library.
- Experience with graphic and video design software, and other multimedia tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
Ability to learn and apply emerging trends and technologies in library instruction and research services.spective applicants being considered for employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin on September 5, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by September 4, 2017. Application must be made online at www.cu.edu/cu-careers (job number 10478) and must include a letter of application addressing in detail the specified qualifications for the position, a full resume/vitae, and names with postal addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers for five references, including two current or recent supervisors. Questions may be directed to Norah Mazel, Chair of the Search Committee, at email@example.com. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40090 - Library
Posting Date: Aug 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Norah Mazel
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00007329
More searches like this
- Arts & Humanities jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Ethnic & Cultural Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Education jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Child Development & Family Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Professional Fields jobs in Community & Government Relations