FinPro Help Desk Consultant
The Office of University Controller (OUC) is responsible for managing the University's system of record - the Financial System - and its interfaces with purchasing, accounts payable, travel expense, human capital management, financial reporting, and other subsystems. The office works closely with the campus controllers, the state controller, and the state auditor's office to ensure that fiscal practices comply with external/internal rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles; prepares the University's tax filings; manages payroll/benefit accounting functions; and oversees the certification of effort reporting on sponsored research. It communicates fiscal policies and procedures to the University community through blogs, website, and training programs, and provides 1:1 assistance through the Finance & Procurement Help Desk. The OUC also administers a Continuing Professional Education program and the CU Innovation & Efficiency Awards employee recognition program.
The FinPro Help Desk Consultant assists University of Colorado (CU) employees from all campuses in the areas of finance, financial reporting, purchasing, payables, and travel. The Consultant does this by troubleshooting problems, interpreting policies, and providing technical assistance.
To thrive in this position, the individual must be able to quickly learn technical systems and administrative policies, and to clearly explain their use and application in a patient and respectful manner. The individual must be adept at managing rapidly changing information and procedures. Furthermore, he or she must perform both as a collaborative member in a tightly knit team, able to accept constructive feedback, and as an organized, self-motivating employee, eager to solve problems and help customers.
The position of FinPro Help Desk Consultant reports to the Manager of the FinPro Help Desk in the Office of University Controller (in CU System Administration) and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to approximately 100 inquiries daily from CU employees, affiliate fiscal staff, and external vendors utilizing phone, email, chat, fax, and other communication methods.
- Recording all inquiries in the FinPro Help Desk ticketing system (Cherwell), including escalating inquiries not resolved on first contact and following up with subject matter experts/customers as appropriate
- Complying with FinPro Help Desk service level expectations in the handling of all inquiries
- Serving as an expert in the PeopleSoft Finance System, the CU-Data (Cognos) Reporting System, the Concur Travel & Expense System, and the CU Marketplace e-procurement system.
- Assisting in the correction of user errors involving these systems and associated forms.
- Providing guidance on policies and procedures related to finance, purchasing, payables, and travel.
- Providing guidance on fiscal roles, including how to identify individuals in these roles and how to fulfill associated responsibilities.
- Assisting team members with additional duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, the individual must possess all of the following:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Advanced organization and teamwork skills.
- Ability to learn information quickly, perform well under pressure, manage multiple concurrent tasks, and accept changing priorities - all while maintaining personal effectiveness and strong customer service.
- Ability to perform well in both team and individual roles.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and commitment.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $43,500- $49,300.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience).
- One (1) year of experience with finance, reporting, purchasing, accounts payable, travel, or similar functions.
- One (1) year of experience with a comprehensive software system designed to support a broad range of operations (e.g., finance, reporting, purchasing, accounts payable, travel, payroll).
- Prior successful work experience in a customer service role (help desk/call center, retail desk, etc.).
- Experience in the use of PeopleSoft, Cognos, Concur, or CU Marketplace.
- Experience in the use of Cherwell or other incident management tool.
- Experience in training adult learners.
- Work experience in a higher education environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by August 11, 2017. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50027 - University Controller
Posting Date: Aug 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kris Truesdale
Posting Contact Email: Kris.Truesdale@cu.edu
Position Number: 00702315