Applications Administrator (SharePoint)
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The Business Applications department is part of the IT Service Management team within UIS and supports key applications to enable business efficiencies within the central administration offices at the University of Colorado.
Application Administrators embrace the University Information Systems (UIS) vision to serve the University of Colorado through proactive customer engagement and innovative solutions to enrich our environment. As an Application Administrator at UIS, you own and support the needs of a suite of mission critical applications. This position is technical with a passion for customer service, and works directly with service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the supported application. Success in this role means that you are able to support applications and servers, and work closely with our customer partners and other operational groups. This position will participate in and lead high visibility projects with the goal of improving operational effectiveness and creating design solutions for new business applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is both technical and customer focused in nature and will have the following responsibilities:
- Work in a fast paced environment while ensuring the uptime and availability of business applications to customers and end-users
- SharePoint farm administration
- Administration of a suite of applications to include: updates, patches, hot fixes, upgrades, and enhancements in support of operations
- Create software packages, conduct integration testing and deploy packages to user workstations
- Monitor supported workstations software for available patches and recommend patches and fixes for deployment
- Recommend and maintain standard software image requirements for workstations
- Analyze customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams
- Create and maintain thorough Business Application documentation, in technical as well as layman's terms
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met for daily support provided via queue management, quality assessments, and metric evaluation
- Adhere to the project management process. This includes: working with the Project Management Office regarding procedures and a continuous improvement process
- Participate in on-call rotation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with PowerShell
- Ability to adapt to new tools, learn new software, and work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proactive and motivated with a track record of success in a team environment
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What We Offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in computer science, electrical engineering or other IT related field.
- 5 years experience administering applications in a Windows environment (IIS and Windows Servers) including client-facing responsibilities
- 2-3 years experience in the following:
- On premise SharePoint Administrator
- Microsoft SQL Server database management
- Administering SharePoint 2013
- ITIL Certification
- SQL Server Administration
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2013 Administration
- Experience with Cisco Call Manger
- Experience with Casper, SCCM, WSUS
- Experience with ADFS
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 15, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by August 15, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Aug 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Paula Ramirez
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00700737