JOB NO.: 90730-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Office & Administrative Support, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90730-AS
Working Title: CENTER ACCOUNTANT
Official Title: SR ACCOUNTANT(R10BN) or ACCOUNTANT(R10DN) or ASSOC ACCOUNTANT(R10FN)
Hiring Department: A347500-VCRGE/BIOTECH/BIOTECH
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 06, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred but not required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
2. General knowledge of University, State, Federal and/or Non-Federal rules and regulations.
3. Must have excellent interpersonal human relations, and oral/written communications skills. Should have customer point of view in mind, be courteous, respectful, cooperative, and service oriented to customers and fellow staff.
4. Ability to determine policies, set practices, develop and maintain an accounting program in a complex accounting environment.
5. Solid skills with commercial software and UW programs such as WISDM, WISPER, MS Excel and Word, effort-reporting system and e-Reimbursement.
6. Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills as well as ability to independently determine priorities and interpret State, UW, federal and granting-authority regulations.
7. Willingness and initiative to keep knowledge of accounting, finance, software and business technologies up-to-date; and, to initiate changes when appropriate.
8. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
9. Well-developed analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
1. Thorough knowledge of UW and State of Wisconsin budgeting and appropriation regulations and processes, regulations and restrictions on various account types (such as revenue, gift, GPR, UW Foundation Endowments and restricted funds, federal and non-federal grants, interagency agreements, contracts, etc.)
The UW Biotechnology Center is seeking a motivated and organized individual to serve as the Center's Accountant. This position will work closely with the Associate Director, IT Manager, and Senior Financial Specialist as well as faculty and staff to manage the Center's Core Facility accounts, federal and non-federal funds and provide guidance on Center and campus policies and procedures.
Instructions to applicants:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 25 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 1 Sep 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time