Time and Labor Analyst II
Time and Labor Analyst II
Time and Labor Analyst II
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8am -5pm, with some overtime/flex
The System Controller department provides all accounting, reporting, and service focused operations for all University of North Texas System component institutions. The areas of responsibility include Campus Accounting & Reporting, Student Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, Payroll, centralized external and internal financial reporting, and external compliance related reporting.
The University of North Texas System is comprised of three component institutions with four major locations: University of North Texas located in Denton, TX, University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, TX, University of North Texas at Dallas located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, TX, and University of North Texas System located in Downtown Dallas, TX.
This position is located at our Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
The Controller Operations Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Time & Labor Analyst II to join our team. The Time and Labor Analyst will work directly with customers to research, troubleshoot, and resolve operations and application issues. Manage incoming case queue and maintain focus on resolving customer cases quickly and effectively. This position is responsible for processing hourly payrolls and the calculations of lump sum payment while insuring that all leave balances are accurately processed. Works under the direction of the Associate Director of Payroll.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Processing Hourly Payroll and Lump Sum Payments Timely processing according to Payroll schedule. Properly calculate all leave balances and insure balances processed within EIS.
* Daily processes: Prepare ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity. Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required. Maintain a solid understanding of Time Reporting Codes, Workgroups, Rules and Time Administration process and University policies and procedures related to area of assignment.
* Customer service: Analyzes and recommends solutions to address customer issues related to payroll and leave reporting.
* Communication: Represents organization by utilizing effective communication and customer service skills to serve customers and provide information and updates on changes and processes; provides helpful information and anticipates needs of organization to keep customers up to date and help them utilize the system.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree in accounting or a related field and two years related payroll/time and labor experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Knowledge of applicable laws, codes regulations, standards, methods and practices related to payroll and/or time and labor systems.
* Experience with PeopleSoft North American Payroll, and/or Time and Labor, modules.
* Strong understanding of Time and Labor tables and the use of PS Query.
* Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University policies and procedures related to the area of assignment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and identify errors quickly using a highly time sensitive process.
* Skill in making mathematical calculations and computations with intermediate to advanced MS Excel experience.
* Ability to provide high-quality customer service.
* Ability to keep complex records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Proven experience with PeopleSoft North American Payroll and Time and Labor, modules.
* Solid understanding of time reporting, including reported time, and exceptions.
* Solid understanding of Time Reporting Codes, Workgroups, and Rules.
* Ability to run and change query criteria to create ad-hoc reports as needed for reconciling leave balances.
* Knowledge of or ability to rapidly learn University policies and procedures related to the area of assignment.
* Demonstrated follow-through on assignments and issue resolution
*State of Texas experience.
*Higher education experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting