FACULTY ASSISTANT IN GEOGRAPHY
JOB NO.: 91561-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 91561-AS
Working Title: Faculty Assistant In Geography
Official Title: FACULTY ASSISTANT(D91NN)
Hiring Department: A482900-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/GEOGRAPHY/GEOGRAPHY
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 21, 2017
Term: This position will end on JANUARY 04, 2018.
Minimum $31,292 ACADEMIC (9 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Minimum of bachelor's degree in Cartography/GIS, Geography or related field required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Exposure to and interest in graphic design, such as visual art, digital humanities, data journalism, or web design.
- Exposure to basic cartographic design principles, including geospatial data formats, map coordinates and projections, map composition, and thematic mapping techniques.
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS and exposure to basic GIS concepts and operations.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS. Exposure to multiscale mapping with CartoCSS and the Bootstrap responsive framework is preferred.
Serve as Faculty Assistant in the Department of Geography for Geography 572 (Graphic Design in Cartography during the Fall, 2017 session. Duties are similar to those of a teaching assistant.
Instructions to applicants:
Please apply through http://jobs.wisc.edu. Applicants will submit a resume and cover letter via the online system.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 01 Aug 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 15 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time