BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER OF THE OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS
JOB NO.: 91545-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: INTL DIV/INTL DIV EXT RELATION
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91545-AS
Working Title: Business Operations Manager of the Office of International Projects
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A104200-INTL DIVISION/INTL DIV EXT RELATION
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 03, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,333 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A bachelor's degree is required, with an area of management of finance strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Candidates for this position must have at least 3 years of experience working with budget creation or financial management, preferably in a higher education setting. They should also have at least 1 year of experience coordinating travel logistics. Experience relevant to budgets and finance should include close involvement in academic grants and fee-for-service contracts. Knowledge of the UW-Madison's payment practices and systems, e-reimbursement system, and purchasing card rules and regulations is highly preferred, as is experience using the UW-Madison's WISDM accounts management system and shadow spreadsheet accounting. The candidate's experience also ideally includes working with different kinds of UW-Madison accounts (e.g., 101, 136, 144, 233), with the UW-Madison's grant proposal and award and routing system, WISPER, as well as working closely with the various UW business offices and auditors.
This position is housed in the International Division's Office of International Partnerships in Higher Education and shall follow all Federal, State, and UW-Madison policies and procedures while fulfilling the responsibilities in this position. The Business Operations Manager for the Office of International Partnerships will support the Project Manager, faculty PI's and other team members in the International Projects Office by providing the following services for projects housed in this unit:
Management of financial operations;
Budget creation services:
Coordination of international and domestic travel;
Communication support and maintenance of online resources; and
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED COMMITMENT TO RESPECT, DIVERSITY, AND CIVILITY
1. Promote respect and the practice of civility in the workplace;
2. Consider ways to promote diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, ability, religion, sexual orientation, age, culture, and job function;
3. Engage in effective, constructive communication by modeling positive messages in personal verbal and non-verbal behaviors;
4. View difficult situations from a broader perspective and assume positive intentions; and
5. Work to create an overall positive work environment.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Three years of experience working with budget creation or financial management, preferably in a higher education setting related to academic grants and fee-for-service contracts;
2. Experience with UW-Madison's payment practices and systems, e-reimbursement system, and purchasing card rules and regulations, and experience using the UW-Madison's WISDM accounts management system and shadow spreadsheet accounting.
3. Experience with different kinds of UW-Madison accounts (e.g., 101, 136, 144, 233), with the UW-Madison's grant proposal and award and routing system, WISPER, as well as with the various UW business offices and auditors.
4. Experience with UW university travel policies and procedures;
5. Excellent organizational skills;
6. Advanced computer skills in MS Office suite and management tools and programs, especially Excel;
7. Experience managing websites, specifically WordPress;
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
9. Ability to work as part of a team to meet deadlines and achieve goals; and
10. Ability to work independently.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume/CV and list of references online by the assured consideration date.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 1 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Aug 29 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time