PROPERTY CONTROL ACCOUNTANT
JOB NO.: 91559-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: BUS SVC/ACCOUNTING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91559-AS
Working Title: Property Control Accountant
Official Title: ACCOUNTANT(R10DN)
Hiring Department: A030500-BUSINESS SERVICES/ACCOUNTING
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Preferred experience in the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of governmental accounting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with large volumes of data records and related database systems.
- Exposure to university, state, and federal accounting and administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Business experience including;
o Asset related accounting and reporting principles and practices
o Financial management, reporting and analysis experience
o Asset management related data gathering and analysis
o Process improvement
- Experience in complex and diverse operating environments requiring analysis of process, process change and risk review, assessment and development.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving decision making ability within a team environment.
- Skills in managing multiple, complex activities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in developing, applying, and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Under the general supervision of the Property Control Supervisor, this position is responsible for the management of Capital Equipment within the Property Control Office. The Property Control Office is responsible for accounting for additions, deletions and changes to the capital equipment database and the monitoring, management, analysis and reporting of equipment, library holdings and supply inventories with respect to financial accounting in accordance with GAAP, Federal, State and UW System's related financial reporting compliance requirements. This position has primary responsibility for the accurate maintenance of records in UW-Madison's Capital Equipment Inventory System. These records must be kept in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and State of Wisconsin, UW System and Federal policies in this area. This position will also participate in equipment inventories, participating in the improvement of systems, controls and accounting and reporting for non-capital inventory (primarily large volume supplies) used on campus.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references, one of which should include your current supervisor or manager. The application materials should include a brief description of your accounting experience, along with how it relates to this Property Control position. Professional references will be held confidential and will be used in the final stage of the recruitment process.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 01 Aug 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 31 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time