Student Affairs Case Manager
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Student Affairs Case Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Health & Wellness - Case Mgmt
Date Posted: 08/01/2017
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Director of Case Management, the Case Manager plans, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates a full range of case management services for UC Riverside students; with an emphasis on identifying resources to address students' medical, psychological, psychiatric, social, financial and academic needs.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients' rights.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards.
Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic approach and modify as necessary.
Highly effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with a diverse client group.
Knowledge of business software and specialized applications/systems used in behavioral health settings.
Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
Highly effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
Knowledge of principles and practices of social work and case management techniques. Advanced psychosocial assessment skills.
Demonstrated ability to direct, organize, and prioritize workload to meet required deadlines and department objectives.
Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
Skill in preparing comprehensive and in-depth analysis of complex, sensitive, and multi-faceted issues, particularly under tight time constraints.
Superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external campus community including international visitors.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Skill in generating a number of different approaches to problems.
Personal computing skills including skill and experience in creating and editing documents in word processing applications; creating and editing spreadsheets and reports; maintaining simple or moderately complex databases through data entry, date queries, and database design modifications; internet search engines for data gathering purposes; and using email messaging and automated calendaring systems.
Expertise in suicide prevention services and programs.
Knowledge of Riverside/San Bernardino area social services networks.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in crisis intervention.
Experience in victim advocacy work.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview