$44,200 - $67,500
The University of California Riverside Recreation Department seeks a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive professional to become a member of the Recreation Department staff. The Outreach Coordinator reports to the Recreation Department's Media Manager and will work closely with the department's professional and student staff.
Basic written, research, editing, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
Basic knowledge of the campus including its vision, mission, goals, objectives and achievements.
Basic knowledge and understanding of news and current events.
Basic organizational skills.
Fluency in English
Implement a social media calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely social media campaigns.
Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multi-tasking and organizational ability.
Proven working experience in social media management, creating social media campaigns, and as a digital media specialist.
Conducts surveys to understand our target audience and to assist in improving student engagement.
Excellent consulting, writing, editing, presentation and communication skills.
Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics collection knowledge.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview