Mental Health Therapist/Substance Abuse Specialist
Salary: $48,800 - $96,200
Title: Mental Health Therapist/Substance Abuse Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Counseling & Psychological Svc
Date Posted: 08/01/2017
Position Information: The Mental Health Therapist provides psychological service to the UCR campus. The primary responsibility of the Mental Health Therapist is to provide individual, couple, and group therapy to UCR students. The Mental Health Therapist also provides crisis intervention services; consults with students, staff, and faculty; provides intern supervision/training; actively supports mental health outreach efforts; and serves on University committees. Counseling & Psychological Services is a Student Health and Wellness Services department and shares the mission to raise awareness and facilitate action in developing lifelong health and wellness practices by UC Riverside students. This position is a 50% part-time position, with the possibility of becoming full-time depending on funding.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with a diverse client group.
Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
Highly effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards.
Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic approach and modify as necessary.
Knowledge of business software and specialized applications/systems used in behavioral health settings.
Thorough knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients' rights.
Highly effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Understanding of intersectionality and how it impacts the daily lives of students.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of electronic medical records systems.
Thorough knowledge of diagnostic/psychological testing methodologies.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview