University Program Associate
Position Number 998902
Position Classification Title University Program Associate
Functional Title University Program Associate
Position Type Staff
UNCG Athletics compete at the Division 1 level in 17 varsity sports in the Southern Conference.
The Athletics Department is seeking qualified applicants for a University Program Associate position.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages Equipment Room Operation, Laundry Services and Transportation.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of practice and competition clothing for approximately 220 athletes according to team roster.
- Ensure that all NCAA, SoCon and university rules that may impact operation of equipment room are followed.
- Utilize bench-marking for planning & implementation of best practices as it relates to the operation and management of a Division I equipment room and use of University Motor pool.
- Oversees annual equipment room budget, purchasing, receiving and shipping. Maintain excel spreadsheet for financial tracking, blanket purchase orders, student payroll and work-study allocations.
- Responsible for evaluation and determining personnel needs. Will oversee the maintenance of daily time logs and monthly time sheets, training and development.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, hiring and training.
- Responsible for overseeing the purchase, storage, laundering, inventory and distribution of apparel and equipment to student- athletes and coaches. This includes but is not limited to providing an efficient and well organized system for issuing 17 sports programs and ensuring appropriate documentation, records and inventory are maintained according to industry standards utilizing JumpForward. Maintain accurate records of orders placed, received and dispensed to individuals. Maintain accurate financial information.
- Collaboratively work with the Associate Athletic Director, coaches, students, various apparel vendors and representatives to build relationships and partnerships.
Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- • Minimum 5 years in the field of Equipment Operations in collegiate/professional athletics or equivalent with progressive supervisory experience of full time staff and part time staff.
- • Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) Certification
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
Contact Phone Number
Applicants will also have the option to upload the following documents:
- Reference Letters 1, 2 & 3
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $41,552 - $43,000
Org #-Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001
Work Hours of Position 40
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Band University Program Associate
Competency Level Advanced
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Knowledge - Program and Organization
Knowledge of state, federal, policy interpretations and precedents affecting program area(s), and unique situations. Ability to analyze and explain revisions, and implement initiatives. Ability to draft and recommend new procedures. Operational knowledge and the ability to articulate the purpose of the program's organization including its mission, services, clients and measures of business effectiveness in order to adapt processes, procedures and activities to meet needs. Ability to identify, understand and provide possible resolutions for unique issues and problems that with broad impact and/or a broad range of client services. Ability to lead teams in the modification of processes using applicable technology web-based data systems and programs.
Ability to establish expectations and clear directions for a defined program area independently. Ability to make decisions regarding the program expectations and direction to ensure program outcomes and timelines are met. Ability to identify, understand, and provide corrective alternatives for issues and problems of a more complex nature. Ability to adjust program priorities based on changing work environment and deadlines. Ability to analyze and develop information for monitoring and measuring work processes. Ability to determine program effectiveness and efficiency. Ability to identify trends in program operations or activities and make recommendations. Ability to manage the reporting of financial area or program(s), including preparation and analysis of financial statements and reports.
Ability to train, assign, supervise and review the work of others. Ability to perform and/or supervise several administrative functions. Ability to supervise a various functions of considerable complexity.
Open Date 08/01/2017
Close Date 08/15/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 65
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your higher education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu