Assistant Director, Registrar
Requisition Number STA - 201000000514
Job Title Assistant Director, Registrar
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Assistant Director, Registrar.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position provides administrative and technical support in the oversight of the Office of the Registrar at the UNT Dallas College of Law. This position requires the ability to perform work of considerable complexity, which involves working independently toward general and specific results, devising new work methods, updating and streamlining data and processes on a number of electronic technological platforms, and meeting new conditions necessitating a high degree of ingenuity, initiative, and/or judgment. The position requires demonstrated integrity and ethical behavior in working with confidential information; ability to learn other software; detailed-oriented and accurate work product; ability to prioritize information in a timely manner; ability to receive and follow directions; ability to work effectively in team situations; demonstrated time management skills; ability to investigate, analyze and interpret data for accuracy and completeness in order to make coherent plans and data-based decisions; ability to work on several tasks at one time; ability to respond effectively in a variety of situations; ability to improve performance by doing new things; ability to plan, coordinate, schedule, direct, and monitor the tasks, activities, and assignments to effectively complete a project. Specific supervision: Incumbent performs standard and routine assignments independently to conclusion; unusual problems and exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to supervisor.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work in a team environment with staff in all functional areas to provide solutions to institutional needs.
- Work with the Registrar to provide guidance and answers to staff and students about all aspects of the registration, class schedule, enrollment and degree verification, transcript, and exam processes.
- Assist with the research, analysis, and reporting of state and federal policies, development and implementation of university registration and academic records procedures; and the reporting on compliance strategies in support of the College of Law's mission, goals and objectives.
- Oversee and provide customer support for student financial services including billing, payments, payment plans, exemptions and waivers and reconciliation.
- Oversee the validation and correction of data; may develop graphic representations of data and produce reports.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate data standards and process data requests; Ensure compliance of federal, state, and institutional policies.
- Provide assessment of procedures or continual improvement of delivery of services.
- Monitor registrar-related regulatory changes and keep current on best practices within the enrollment management field.
- Work closely with the Registrar to develop routine and ad hoc reports and analyses that support operational needs, ongoing enrollment projections, and strategic short-term and long-term needs.
- Ensure integrity of academic data to allow for accurate reporting; Support ongoing system implementation and database management.
- Create and maintain the class/room schedule for all semesters to include both the class listing and the narrative portions that are distributed both in print and via the Web.
- Maintain course and room additions and deletions from semester course offerings.
- Assist Registrar to keep the course inventory file up-to-date and accurate.
- Validate and/or correct student, course, section, and faculty data to produce timely and accurate reports.
- Work with the academic and administrative offices to gather information, dates, and details to produce the class schedule.
- Works with faculty, staff, and administration to provide class/room assignments and maximize space utilization.
- Interact with other functional departments and the admissions office to solve registration problems; Oversee registration, registration reports, class rolls, and grade rolls.
- Process enrollment certification requests, degree audit requests, and transcript requests; Build and maintain the degree audit system for the COL.
- Participate as a member of the Registrar's staff in convocation, commencement exercises and other key College of Law events and other enrollment management events.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- A combination of five years of experience in related student records activities to include admissions, advising, registration, and student finance.
- Familiarity with Web interaction and experience in an on-line, integrated student management system (preferably PeopleSoft).
- Thorough knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess a bachelor's degree or higher?
- No Response
- * Do you have a combination of five years of experience in related student records activities to include admissions, advising, registration, and student finance?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)