Senior Academic Program Manager
Requisition Number STA - 201000000513
Job Title Senior Academic Program Manager
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Senior Academic Program Manager.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The University of North Texas at Dallas and the Caruth Police Institute (CPI) invite applications for the position of Senior Academic Program Manager. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the University and CPI seek a self-starting individual who will primarily contribute to facilitating and delivering innovative advanced professional development opportunities to law enforcement and criminal justice personnel.
CPI is a fast-growing, independent grant-funded institute embedded in the Dallas Police Department. CPI provides management and leadership professional development opportunities to promote transformational change in law enforcement and criminal justice. In addition, CPI provides non-partisan research to support evidence-based practices in policing. For more information on CPI, go to: http://www.untdallas.edu/cpi
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate and deliver curriculum to law enforcement and criminal justice practitioners as needed.
- Develop new/modify existing core programming as directed.
- Develop special programming as directed.
- Promote outreach efforts/marketing to develop new client opportunities to expand the growth of the institute.
- Promote technology in CPI programs/courses.
- Promote faculty development.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Criminal Justice or a closely related field at the time of hire is required; and at least one year of professional experience in a law enforcement environment. In addition, applicants should have between 1-2 years of demonstrated experience teaching in a post-secondary education environment or professional development milieu. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of use of technology and how it can be integrated into adult learning.
- Knowledge of adult teaching methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and conduct multiple tasks.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Have at least four years of professional experience in a law enforcement environment.
- More than two years of demonstrated experience teaching in a post-secondary education environment or professional development milieu.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 08/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Masters Degree or higher in Criminal Justice or a closely related field?
- * Do you have at least one year of professional experience in a law enforcement environment?
- * Do you have 1-2 years of demonstrated experience teaching in a post-secondary education environment or professional development milieu?
- No Response
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)