Alumni Engagement Coordinator
The University of Denver (DU) is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
University Advancement is currently seeking two Alumni Engagement Coordinators to serve the Leo Block Alumni Center and the Sturm College of Law, respectively. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator supports a team of advancement professionals serving a global network of DU alumni, families, donors, students and friends. The Coordinator manages several business functions within his/her assigned team (including scheduling, travel arrangements, customer service, and general correspondence). In addition to these business functions, the Coordinator is also responsible for partnering with the leader in his/her area to support them in efficiently and effectively managing their portfolio of responsibility. This may include assisting with donor/prospect development strategies, executing stewardship and engagement activities, completing call reports and other activities.
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will also be responsible for crafting and preparing high-quality professional documents, reports, and presentations as needed and will assist in managing special projects. Special projects may include (but are not limited to) organizing and facilitating small events, trainings, and other team activities; conducting research on donors, prospects, and alumni; recommending and implementing business process improvements. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator is also responsible for partnering with the operations team within Advancement to manage expense transactions, monitor budget activity, and prepare financial projections for his/her assigned team. This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and ability to take initiative are essential to success in this position. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator must also be an effective, professional, and diplomatic liaison to a variety of audiences including University leadership, advancement staff, donors, alumni, parents, and other constituents.
- Supports the leader in his/her assigned team to effectively manage their portfolio of responsibilities. This may include specific assignments related to monitoring team-based and division goals, monitoring project tasks and timelines, constituent moves management, research and data compilation, data entry, and business process improvements.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and may manage calendar activities.
- Creates and delivers high-quality professional reports, presentations, and other documents for internal and external audiences.
- Provides excellent customer service to University leadership, advancement staff, campus colleagues, alumni, donors, visitors and others.
- Responds knowledgably and professionally to inquiries over email, telephone, and in-person.
- Helps to initiate and facilitate administrative processes such as contract reviews, research requests, data pulls, etc.
- Prepares expense reports and reimbursement requests on behalf of his/her assigned team.
- Assists in tracking departmental expenses and researches/ troubleshoots as necessary.
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource for applicable purchasing policies and procedures.
- Organize and facilitate trainings, meetings, and small events as needed.
- Research and prepare reports on specific topics (e.g., benchmarking/best-practices at other institutions, donors/alumni, giving histories/constituent information, etc).
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model One DU leadership.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3 years of professional administrative work experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit or similar complex setting.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, August 7, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.