MDS Coordinator Registered Nurse RN
Whittier Nursing and Wellness Center is a 4 star 36-bed facility seeking a full time MDS Registered Nurse (RN). In this position you will conduct and coordinate the development, completion and transmission of the resident assessment in accordance with the requirements of this state and policies and goals of this facility.We are looking for an experience RN who is ready to take on the following:
- Conducts and coordinates the development and completion of preliminary and comprehensive resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines, including the implementation of CAAs and Triggers and Plan of Care.
- Ensures that the care plan includes measurable objectives and timetables to meet the resident's medical, nursing, mental and psychosocial needs, that appropriate health professionals are involved in the assessment, and that the schedule of activities is developed as required.
- Ensures that an initial resident assessment is completed within fourteen days of the resident's admission and that each portion of the assessment is signed and dated by the person completing that portion of the MDS.
- Conducts or coordinates the interviewing of each resident for the assessment.
- Works along side the Director of Nursing to ensure quality of care
- Helps develop and update a comprehensive resident assessment and care plan for each resident. Ensures that it is updated on a quarterly and annual basis and upon significant change in condition.
- Evaluates each resident's condition and pertinent medical data to determine any need to amend the admission assessment.
- Acts as Chairperson of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team and maintains an effective, friendly working relationship with health professionals, physicians, consultants, and governmental agencies that may be involved in the resident assessment/care plan functions of facility. Meets with and solicits advice from department supervisors concerning the resident assessment/care plan functions of the facility.
- Conducts weekly rehab/PPS meetings as well as care plan meetings
- May require weekend hours
- 2-4 years' experience providing direct care to multiple patients/residents preferred; previous experience in Skilled Nursing environment desirable; previous MDS experience required
- Nursing degree from accredited college or graduation from approved LVN or RN program
- RN license preferred
- Current valid CPR certification
- Knowledge of clinical standards of practice, regulations and reimbursement governing long term care and Medicare participation
Interested applicants may submit their resume.
Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:19:18 PDT