Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor, Information Technology
Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor Job Requirements:
• A Ph.D. in Information Systems, Information Technology or closely related field is required. Candidates must be committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
• The candidate should have a proven track record in teaching core information management courses, with a strong competency and preference for teaching core IS classes and upper-level electives to graduate business students. Candidates should be involved with innovative teaching approaches and materials. The candidate should be engaged in rigorous research that is practically relevant to business managers.
• Prior experience (either as the instructor or as a teaching assistant responsible for teaching some part of the course such as technology labs) with graduate level courses is preferred.
• We are interested in all strong candidates who would be a good fit with Babson and have a preference for candidates who are involved in business analytics and application development with emergent technologies (e.g., Blockchain, VR/AR, IoT) in both research and teaching.College-wide Faculty Requirements:
We are looking for an accomplished teacher/scholar who:
• Is passionate about teaching and who has a proven track record of teaching excellence and innovative curriculum development
• Brings depth in scholarly or practical expertise with emerging businesses that will add to the intellectual community of the College.
• Is a team player, ready to collaborate with faculty from multiple disciplines to design and teach courses in an integrated, cross-disciplinary context.
• Will use new technologies and other innovative modes for course delivery (such as a blended/online environment).
• Can navigate and embrace complexity, ambiguity, and change.
• Is experienced in working/teaching in ways that will enhance the college's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Will contribute to campus life as an integrated full-time faculty member including scholarship and serving on committees.
Babson College, located 14 miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. Babson's dynamic curriculum focuses on developing skills that transcend business so that students gain multidimensional abilities and can make important contributions to business and society. Our students understand that economic and social value creation are not mutually exclusive, but instead are integral to each other. The fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial mindset they cultivate at Babson equip them to make a difference on campus and around the world.
Babson has nearly 2300 full-time undergraduate students and about a 1000 full and part-time graduate students. Our highly diverse student body hails from 45 U.S. states and 57 countries. Non-U.S. students comprise more than 20% of undergraduate students and more than 40% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide.
We seek faculty who are aligned with our values of teaching excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, and those who embrace our mission to educate leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. We seek candidates who are eager to engage as educators among a diverse student community.
Screening of applications will begin on September 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. We plan to interview at the AMCIS, ICIS and other important information system conferences.
Interested candidates should upload a cover letter, vita, summary of teaching evaluations, and sample of research publications to Babson's online submission system at https://babson.peopleadmin.com/. (we may need to update this URL after posting on the HR site). At a later date, finalists will be asked to send letters of recommendation and, if needed, additional documents (such as teaching reviews, latest publications etc.)