Senior Building Commissioning Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced Building Commissioning Project Manager for the New York City area to support our MEP system commissioning and retro-commissioning lines of business.
Qualified candidates will have worked for 5 to 7 years in systems commissioning or related fields, will have strong knowledge of core MEP systems, and an ability to operate, trouble shoot and start up new equipment. Applicants should be comfortable communicating with engineers, contractors, construction managers and systems operators and must be able to distill complex technical information into understandable text and graphics. Successful candidates will be required to plan, coordinate and implement multiple complex projects at the same time, spend significant time on job sites and participate on various teams as well as work independently.
- Provide commissioning to support design development process by performing multiple, detailed and rigorous design document and specification reviews
- Develop detailed and enforceable commissioning specifications for inclusion in project contract documents
- Coordinate and/or attend design, construction and qualification meetings
- Lead team of commissioning agents through construction process; identifying scope of work, developing test scripts and prioritizing work items on multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Serve as attentive and responsive point of contact for various clients. Maintain strong relationships and foster trust with building ownership, financial officers and operations staff
- Perform regular quality control inspections of various job sites, implement high commissioning standards, operations maintainability and effectively communicate requirements to constructors and project managers
- Oversee and participate in the development of comprehensive and approachable commissioning reports to describe in-field findings and testing results
- Maintain reliable records of project billing status and manage/coordinate invoicing process with internal accounting department
- 5 - 7 years of systems commissioning related experience on academic, healthcare, commercial and/or industrial projects
- 4 year degree from accredited engineering-related curriculum OR mechanical or electrical tradesman with 10 years field experience and 5 years quality control/commissioning experience
- Professional engineering or commissioning specific certifications preferred
- Knowledge of automation and controls systems, HVAC systems, plumbing, fire alarm/life safety systems, lighting and lighting controls, testing and balancing
- Knowledge of building and energy codes, NFPA codes and standards and ASHRAE standards
- Knowledge of ASHRAE, ACG and LEED commissioning requirements
- Ability to navigate and interpret construction documents, specifications, submittals, IO&M manuals and coordination drawings
- Experience developing commissioning specifications and testing scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time within company's region
- Competitive compensation and bonus eligibility based on experience and performance
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer matching program
- Full-coverage health plan
- Annual performance reviews with senior management
- Employer support for continuing education coursework
- Relocation expenses negotiable on individual basis
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
The Fulcrum Group is a growing and innovative company providing building commissioning, construction management, energy services and facility support services to a wide range of public and private sector clients in New York City and the surrounding region. For more than 30 years, our specialists have delivered innovative solutions to building design, construction and operational challenges to ensure that projects succeed beyond meeting budgets and schedules.
We are engineers, project managers and innovators but most of all, we are client advocates.
New York, NY
Mon, 31 Jul 2017 13:35:04 PDT