Coordinator III, HR-Employee Relations #17000511
Coordinator III, HR-Employee Relations #17000511
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive. The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
Under limited supervision and on own initiative, provides oversight and facilitation of day-to-day and some long-term operations within LSC HR-Employee Relations, playing a strong role in leading and planning, developing, evaluating and improving the area and services offered. Assigned area and responsibilities will be extensive and/or highly specialized. May be responsible for the success of assigned areas, ensuring smooth and efficient operations as well as compliance with HR policies and procedures, as well as assisting with ensuring a variety of local, state and federal regulations. Coordinates logistics, services and support surrounding Employee Relations. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practices.
Within Employee Relations:
Primary focus will be on providing guidance and coordination of employee relations issues throughout Lone Star College as well as providing assistance to the Director of Employee Relations as needed. Job duties include but are not limited to assisting campus HR with employee relations-related questions and concerns; providing guidance and problem-solving support on HR policies, procedures, and practices; preparing responses to issues/questions and sharing any trends with the Human Resources team; overseeing the background check process; providing administrative support to the Director of Employee Relations; assisting Human Resources with information gathering, problem solving and any special tasks, presentations or projects related to Employee Relations.
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of assigned area. Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of area and acts as a Subject Matter Expert within area and as a point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents
- Performs research relevant to area of specialty. Develops, monitors and maintains a variety of spreadsheets, databases, reports, and presents findings to internal/external constituents (may include LSCS Managers/Executives, community members, and/or outside groups and organizations)
- Enters, tracks and maintains a variety of data, including documents, spreadsheets and databases
- May be responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance with local/state/federal rules, regulations, and documentation within assigned area
- May supervise, trains and develop department staff. Schedules and prioritizes work and activities and develops and organizes training materials. May present training as needed.
- Creates methods of evaluation of assigned area. Analyzes results and makes recommendations for revisions to objectives and strategies, with a focus on continuous program improvement. Takes part (or takes Lead) in developing new programs
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Plans, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within Employee Relations, including but not limited to submitting requisitions, and reviewing and approving or denying purchase requests in accordance with the budget
- Manages or assists with management of the area budget
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Human Resources principles, processes, policies, procedures and best practices
- Strong working knowledge of general office and software applications
- High level of customer service
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Ability to work well independently with limited direction
- Ability to work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to prioritize duties
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment. Any specialized equipment typical to assigned functional area
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in a Human Resources educational environment
- Knowledge of FLSA, ADAAA, EEO, Title IX, FMLA, and Title5
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacations days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.