Position ID: cITs0262
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: Contract to Hire
# of Positions: 2
Title: Sr Network Operations Engineer
Required Skills & Experience Matrix
MS Office applications including Outlook, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Project
• Minimum 5+ Opnet Tools
• Minimum 2+ Wireshark
• Minimum 2+ QoS
• OSPF 5+ years
• Data Packet Analysis 5+ years
• ACE Live, nCompass, IT Sentinel, IT Guru, ACE Analysis, VNE Server, CCNP, HCRP, ACL
• B.S. with Networking experience or equivalent experience
• CCNP or equivalent knowledge
The Network Operations Engineer will serve on an Enterprise Network Planning and Operations team responsible for the daily technical support, availability, and management of global and enterprise network elements and related infrastructure to meet the business needs of our client's global enterprise. This includes working with Opnet tools, OSPF, HCRP, ACL, data packet Analysis and Network Asset Management tools.
Ideal candidate will have experience working on Audit capabilities using Opnet tools. In addition, strong hands on understanding with an ability to execute with and leverage network monitoring tools. Extensive hands on experience with QoS-OSPF, perl scripting, and Riverbed products experience. Using and analyzing application access application modeling, data packet analysis using SolarWinds and Wireshark.
Act as a networking expert and resource for peers and management. Apply application performance monitoring technology to reduce network engineering & operational costs and improve reliability and productivity. Participate in testing and the documentation of network services support technologies. Assist in developing communication strategies and communication standards for the enterprise. Consult with clients to advise them of potential network management services solutions and avenues for deployment.
• WAN simulation & engineering
• Network Auditing
• Network Services development
• Familiar with Network Performance Management systems including network & application traffic capture probes
• Refine/Evolve operation standards, processes, and procedures
• Perform situation analysis and recommendation for problem solving
• Recommend appropriate courses of action to developers/technicians and management on application deployment issues on the network
• Identify performance issues and recommend performance recommendations
• Provide hardening solutions and drive efforts around it
• Manage / monitor operational tool
Connections IT Services is in the business of Aligning Strategy with Talent. Our mission is to identify, qualify, and retain the Best Talent for our clients as well as identify the ideal opportunity for our network of talent professionals. Our intimate understanding of our business clients corporate strategy and corporate culture allows us to vet opportunities that are in line with your technical and business expertise.
Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:25:53 PDT