Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Posting Number: 201301033P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. Occasionally requires work during non-standard business hours based on business needs or deadlines.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 04/25/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Guides and implements web and digital strategy including content, style, design and identity standards, and policies and procedures and leads and manages the university's social media platforms. Oversees day-to-day operations and management of the Stockton and Sacramento Campus and guides San Francisco websites and web projects and university's main social media channels. Oversees web professionals in Sacramento and San Francisco to align messaging and ensure adherence to university branding and best practices. Leads Stockton and Sacramento web team in creating and updating new and existing websites and projects including social media. Serves as Office of Marketing and Communications representative for university's web-related and social media initiatives. Manages CMS vendor and guides CMS users.
1. Manages and oversees the San Francisco, Stockton and Sacramento Campus websites, web and digital projects, and web applications in the Office of Marketing and Communications:
2. Leads the creation of new web and social media projects under the guidance of the AVP Marketing and Communications, and provides advice to users for improving their websites and social media outreach .
3. Serves as lead contact for internal and external community for the Stockton and Sacramento Campus websites and most front-end digital projects. Represents the Office of Marketing and Communications for web-related and social media projects.
4. Supervises staff and oversees the workload, project assignments and priorities for the Stockton web and social media team and Sacramento web project manager.
5. Creates/edits web and other digital and social media content, including identifying needs and assisting in the collection/production of photo/video and multimedia.
6. Regularly analyzes reports on website, social media and web project effectiveness through analytics and benchmarking; makes recommendations and/or adjustments based on data.
7. Creates and enforces web and social media policies and procedures to ensure best practices are followed in university branding, web and social media content and style, accessibility and web governance.
8. Develops training courses, creates materials and trains CMS authors. Provides support for CMS authors. Communicates with CMS authors on changes in the CMS, web policy and procedures and best practices in the web.
9. Creates and implements strategic plans and roadmaps for all university’s web and digital presence and social media channels, under direction of the AVP Marketing and Communications.
10. Helps maintain the university brand/image by reviewing and approving new sites/content including approving the branding of third-party vendor sites.
11. Manages third-party, web and social media-related vendors, including contracting through the RFP, RFQ or RFI process, managing performance standards and problem resolution.
12. Participates in crisis management training and protocol and is enlisted in drills and for campus emergencies
13. Stays abreast of web and social media trends, best practices and new technologies and makes recommendations for content, design and process improvements
14. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in web/digital/new media/social media communications, marketing, public relations, business or related field; Five years of management and related work experience.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work performed during standard business hours. Occasionally requires work during non-standard business hours based on business needs or deadlines.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/9847
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.