Program Specialist - In Home Services
Assist families by increasing their ability to maintain a safe and nurturing home for their children and to parent effectively. Provide support and education to parents and children by assisting clients in learning basic living and parenting skills.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide culturally competent home-based services, education, and support to enable children to stay in the home or be returned home safely after out-of-home placement; assist client families to acquire basic living skills such as parenting, household management, and emotional or behavioral regulation. Such services may include Family Engagement, Family Support, and Intensive Family Preservation.
• Work under the guidance of the Safety and In-Home Services Supervisor, and/or Coordinator as well as the Lead Agency Service Coordinator, and Health and Human Services (HHS) case managers and therapists.
• Provide services to the families in their own home or neutral locations at times that are convenient for them.
• Develop respectful relationships with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence.
• Respond to client referrals within 24 hours, and make initial face-to-face contact within 48 hours.
• Respond to emergencies to provide intensive crisis resolution; LFS Safety and In-Home Services Supervisor and/or Coordinator must be contacted as soon as practicable.
• Maintain on-going verbal and written contact with LFS staff, Lead Agency Service Coordinator, HHS case managers and/or referring therapist.
• Provide on-call services as needed.
• Participate in family team meetings.
• Analyze and make recommendations regarding individual cases.
• Facilitate services by arranging for or providing transportation.
• Complete home studies as assigned.
• Coordinate staff training and provide support to organization foster parents as requested.
• Provide accurate and timely progress notes, reports, documentation, assessments, service plans, genograms, ecomaps, aftercare plans, and discharge summaries in accordance with Agency policy and procedure.
• Submit billing and time sheet information according to Agency policy and procedure.
• Collect statistics and implement all Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in Social work or related field
• Minimum of one year of experience working with children and families
• Must be able to work evenings, nights and weekends
• Valid vehicle operator license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for Agency business
• Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska expresses God's love for all people by providing quality human care services that build and strengthen individual, family, and community life.
Safety, Hope and Well-being for All People.
Mon, 31 Jul 2017 06:54:57 PDT