Instructional Liaison #17000343
Instructional Liaison #17000343
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607
The Instructional Liaison serves as the point of contact to faculty and academic administrators seeking support and leadership with projects associated with online teaching and learning. This position is responsible for identifying, initiating, promoting, managing and evaluating projects that support institutional goals associated with enhancing online instruction and online student learning.
- Identifies, initiates, champions, develops, implements, manages and evaluates instructional initiatives and projects which will have a positive impact on instructional practices and student learning
- Engenders and cultivates a culture of pedagogical innovation, exploration, experimentation and discovery related to online teaching and learning
- Proactively engages and effectively communicates with faculty, academic administrators and other relevant stakeholders building consensus, and gaining support and buy-in
- Successfully operates in a dynamic political landscape and builds faculty and/or academic administrative consensus, support and buy-in
- Provides collaborative and cooperative mechanisms (e.g. faculty learning circles or professional learning communities) to engage faculty and academic administrators in discussions of pedagogical issues and best practices in online teaching and learning
- Serves as an instructional consultant, change agent and advocate of practices and initiatives related to online teaching and learning
- Provides leadership, guidance and support in the ongoing development and implementation of campus and system-wide online learning initiatives and policies related to but not limited to faculty online certification, faculty mentoring, course development, quality assurance, online student readiness and assessment
- Builds local, state and national partnerships with peers and participate in relevant conferences and professional development opportunities
- Contributes to the refinement and improvement of LSC-Online’s “Quality by Design” framework for continuous quality improvement
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills in higher education environment
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups
- Demonstrated ability to engage and converse credibly and comfortably with faculty and academic administrators
- Solid understanding of pedagogy, andragogy, best practices, and trends in online instruction and related faculty professional development
- Knowledge of and experience with academic faculty and administrators preferably in higher education
- Able to understand and interpret educational needs and to develop effective instructional solutions in support of institutional strategic goals and initiatives affecting online instruction
- Able to work collaboratively and pull together and lead teams to achieve goals
- Advanced pedagogical and practical knowledge of online teaching and learning
- Project management knowledge and experience
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards. Regular in-System and periodic external travel required
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacations days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.