Coordinator of University Housing for Residence Life
University Housing has a Coordinator of University Housing for Residence Life position opening for Spring 2017. This is a critical position for the entire department. The Coordinator is a full-time student affairs professional who serves as the supervisor of a residential community on campus. As such, this person is responsible for the overall management and supervision of 2-3 residence halls housing 600-1000 students. Direct supervision includes 1-2 graduate assistant residence directors (RDs) who manage a building in the area and 6-9 resident assistants (RAs) in a building managed by the Coordinator. The Coordinator reports to an Assistant Director of Residence Life and serves on a team of residence life professional staff including seven other Coordinators, two Assistant Directors, and the Senior Associate Director.
- Master’s degree
- One to three years of experience working in college housing. Two years of GA experience is equivalent to one year full-time.
- Master’s degree in College Student Development, Student Affairs, Higher Education, Counseling, or related field
- Full-time experience working in college housing
- Experience working with a Residential Curriculum model
- Crisis and case management experience
- Supervision experience
- $37,400-$40,000, depending on number of years’ experience.
- The Coordinator is a live-on position, staff are provided with a two-bedroom, one bathroom furnished apartment at no charge. Cable, internet, utilities, and washer/dryer are also included.
- Meal plan valued at $2,070 for use during the academic year. The purpose of the meal plan is to assist in creating relationships with other staff, faculty and students.
- Reserved parking space on-campus. The Coordinator pays the basic parking rate; the extra cost for a reserved space is paid by the department. Any additional spaces are at the expense of the staff member.
- When available and approved, the Coordinator receives departmental support for professional involvement and travel.
- The Coordinator position is a full-time administrative EHRA position.
- State of North Carolina benefits apply, for more information visit the Human Resources website: http://hrs.appstate.edu/faculty-staff/benefits
Review of applications will begin immediately continue until the position is filled. The anticipated starting date for the position is negotiable, but September 5, 2017 is preferred. A completed application must include a cover letter, resume, and three references including their name, address, email address, and telephone number. The position description and more details can be found in the position posting found at http://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/16109. Candidates should apply and submit their materials electronically through the Human Resources website.
Appalachian is a member institution of the 17 campus University of North Carolina System and has an enrollment of over 17,000 students. ASU is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in Boone, North Carolina. The housing system currently serves 5,800 students in twenty university residence halls. For more information on University Housing visit housing.appstate.edu.
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact Matt Zalman, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 262-7449. Proper documentation of identity and employability will be required before the hiring process can be finalized. Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.