Job Title: Lead Electrician
Job ID: 24190
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 6532, Range 1
About the Position
The Lead Electrician is responsible for providing the full range of skilled electrical work, including the installation, maintenance, modification and repair of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems, to ensure a clean, safe and attractive learning environment. Provides lead work direction for journey level crafts workers and semi-skilled assistants. Position makes decisions based upon sound maintenance practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides oversight and design of systems, and installation of electrical/electronic associated equipment.
- Mentors and provides guidance to electricians for coordination of responsibilities, proper techniques and proper completion of work.
- Uses computer for communicating, researching parts and specifications, coordinating, documenting and creating reports.
- Schedules personnel and work assignments for operations.
- Performs various types of preventive maintenance including: starting/stopping equipment, general cleaning, removing/installing serviceable parts, identifying problems and needed repairs.
- Completes necessary repairs to electrical wiring, plugs, switches, breaker boxes, controls, lighting and electrical related items, as requested, by work orders.
- Operates hand and power tools for installing and removing hardware and parts.
- Inspects electrical-related equipment, systems and areas to identify problems and needed repairs.
- Tests and troubleshoots parts, equipment and systems using testing tools for diagnosis.
- Consults and works with other trade workers, as needed, for completion of repairs and remodels.
- Disables and clearly identifies (lock out and tag out) unsafe equipment, and immediately notifies appropriate personnel.
- Records work details in log sheets and keeps time record to assist in the completion of documentation.
- Reports problems and needed repairs to supervisor to be documented and scheduled.
- Unlocks and secures facility areas to access equipment, items to be repaired and/or maintained.
- Operates utility cart, pick-up truck, scissor lift, forklift, as certified, to access, repair, and transport personnel, equipment, and waste.
- Operates radio or cellular phone for communication of urgent needs, critical information and status updates.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24190.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.