Specialist, Nursing Adjunct Mentoring & Support
Department Name Nursing Admin
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number 060-18
Reports To Assoc Dean Nursing
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Professional
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Evaluates adjunct clinical faculty and serves as a resource/supervisor for adjunct faculty in the clinical setting. Works collaboratively with Program Managers and Course Coordinators to mentor and develop adjunct clinical faculty in a variety of clinical settings. Compiles, manages and reports statistics related to adjunct faculty orientation, mentoring and evaluation to the Dean of Nursing. Works collaboratively with faculty in data analysis and measurement of outcomes related to the clinical setting.
• Develops and conducts orientation for clinical adjunct faculty
• Works collaboratively with program managers and course coordinators to provide all onboarding activities
• Develops and provides a mentoring plan for clinical adjunct faculty
• Visits adjunct clinical faculty in the clinical setting on a daily basis to gather data used in the evaluation process; conducting a minimum of 16 visits per week
• Works collaboratively with program managers and office staff
• Develops, implements and evaluates professional development activities for clinical adjunct faculty
• Monitors and tracks data and creates reports related to accreditation standards regarding clinical adjunct faculty
• Participates in Division meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master's Degree in Nursing
• Completion of a professional nursing education program approved by a state board of nursing
• Minimum of three years of current experience in the practice of nursing as an RN
• Current, active, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio
• Demonstrated clinical teaching experience
• Demonstrated experience effectively making decisions that have major implications on the management and operations within a department
• Demonstrated experience requiring diverse problem solving methods in a variety of situations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Possess comprehensive knowledge of Nursing theories, concepts and practices with the ability to apply in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations as it pertains to the departmental focus
• Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to be creative and exercise initiative
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
• Works accurately with great attention to detail
• Ability to promote collaboration, teamwork, and involve all stakeholders in decision-making processes
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume and confidential service environment
• Possess proficiency in clinical skills in a variety of settings
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer service relationships
• Ability to advocate new initiatives in curriculum development or delivery
• Possess the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal
• Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle subject matters requiring privacy and sensitivity
• Ability to determine needs and identify solutions
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance work flow and quality
• Ability to collaborate, persuade and gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas on significant projects
• Intermediate-level project management proficiency
• Intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalent software)
• Possess sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Continuous Improvement
• Quality of Work
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
• Service Focus
• Time Utilization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Knowledge of curriculum development and OBN and ACEN accreditation standards
This is a full-time, 10-month position. Must be flexible.
Posting Open Date 07/31/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in Nursing?
- * Have you completed a professional nursing education program approved by a state board of nursing?
- * Do you possess a minimum of three years of current experience in the practice of nursing as a RN?
- * Do you possess a current, active, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio?
- * Do you possess clinical teaching experience?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae