Duties: Report directly to the Director of Regional Development. Secondary reports to two major gifts fundraisers in Wharton External Affairs. The position provides high level administrative support and project coordination. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: scheduling meetings with donors, prospects, directors and others; coordinating extensive travel arrangements; drafting correspondence; and carefully managing and organizing the major gifts officers' schedules. Poise, maturity, and excellent judgment are required for this position.
* Manage, plan and schedule meetings, staff events, etc. on behalf of major gifts team with senior administrators, board members, donors, alumni, staff, faculty, etc. in conjunction with the other major gifts coordinators
* Ensure that gift officers are prepared with appropriate background material for meetings, events, speeches, appointments, etc.
* Coordinate extensive domestic travel arrangements and prepare complex expense reports
* Draft correspondence (thank you, acknowledgement, memos and other assignments)
* Effectively and efficiently manage the gift officers' time and calendars
* Maintain and update record of external activity and strategy in Wharton External Affairs' databases with information necessary for tracking, cultivating and soliciting potential donors
* Create and maintain file systems and confidential information
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: A high school diploma and 5-7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Excellent decision-making and ability to work independently with limited supervision. Knowledge of office procedures required. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and presentations simultaneously under tight deadlines required. Competency with computer software essential: word processing, spreadsheet, database, and PowerPoint knowledge required. Excellent written, organizational, and oral communication skills required. Must have the ability to handle sensitive material and information confidentially. Maturity, poise, judgment, and professionalism are essential. Have the ability to work as a team player and help provide support during events and/or activities when necessary. Development experience preferred.
Reference Number: 07-26469
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: External Affairs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative