Working Title: Logistics Supervisor
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 07-31-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Logistics Supervisor serves as a warehouse leader and provides direct guidance to other employees in the warehouse work group. The incumbent supports the operations of the warehouse through a variety of activities, including inventory management and interacting directly with suppliers and customers to arrange deliveries. The Logistics Supervisor performs various manual labor and clerical duties and data entry in support of the receiving, storage, processing and distribution of maintenance and construction materials.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to lift and manipulate materials up to 50 lbs.
2. Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
3. Demonstrated customer service skills including the ability to work within a large organization which is fast paced.
4. Knowledge of receiving, handling and the distribution of materials.
5. Speed and accuracy in data entry skills.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
8. Ability to maintain records, inventory and prepare reports.
9. Ability to direct the work of others and provide written and verbal instructions.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82416