System Administrator- (Secret Clearance)
Job Title: Sys Admin - Storage Team
Work Location: Doral, FL
Clearance Level: Secret with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI (interim is authorized)
- Provides mentoring, project and work assignment coordination over team members.
- Responsible for developing strategies for meeting business requirements.
- Manage security initiatives and processes as they pertain to data storage.
- Communicate problem resolutions to other team members and management, and own or participate in problem management process.
- Coordinate and assist in technical storage equipment installation/de-installation and relocation of services.
- Provide escalation support for all storage related problems.
- Maintain storage problem records and documentation, and operating procedures.
- Coordinate all storage monitoring activates to ensure optimal performance.
- Responsible for implementing and managing the enterprise storage environment.
- Responsible for performing production support activities for assigned storage systems to ensure the integrity and availability of the environment.
- Perform supporting file sharing across the environment and the integration of enterprise storage with Microsoft Windows, Citrix, and VMWare virtual server environment.
- Install, upgrade, repair, maintain, and retire production and test environments to meet business demands and profile future enhancements.
- Configure, Implement, deploy, and support technologies including converged technology, MAS and SAN environments, fiber channel switched fabric, and associated physical and virtual servers.
- Provide efficient and reliable storage allocation and defines backup, recovery, archival procedures.
- Develops and implements business continuity practices for storage management.
- Installs, configures, tests, and implements storage software and hardware.
- Monitors use and availability of storage resources.
- Maintains and modifies backup and recovery procedures to meet high availability and mission critical business needs.
- Troubleshoots storage related issues and takes appropriate actions.
- Generates reports and analysis on storage usage.
- Maintains storage configurations to provide capacity planning and performance monitoring/tuning of systems.
- Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products.
• Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science or other related field and/or
• 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired:
• 4+ years System Administrator level experience with industry standard SAN and NAS based solutions.
• Hands-on experience with management and monitoring tools such as EMC Unisphere/Navisphere, Secure Shell, NetApp, SANTricity and Treesize.
• Experience in storage administration using NetApp E-Series systems.
• Scripting and Automation skills with a drive to optimize.
• Knowledge of tools and platforms in order to examine virtual machine performance and issues, infrastructure/processes, and increase efficiencies.
• Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized and detailed documentation skills.
Minimum Training/Certification requirements:
DOD 8570.01-M - IAT Level II
• Baseline Certification
o CompTIA Security+ (equivalent or higher security certification)
• Computing Environment
o Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or
o Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) or
Our benefits package includes:
• Comprehensive Medical Benefits
• Competitive Pay
• 401K Retirement Plan
• And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TekPartners has been a trusted and proven technology solutions firm for 15 years. As an information technology partner we offer our clients proven talent through professional staffing, managed services, and IT project solutions. We understand and value the unique needs of the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. The company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture. TekPartners continues to grow and expand with office locations in South Florida, Orlando, Charlotte, and Washington, DC. Learn more at www.tekpartners.com.
Mon, 31 Jul 2017 02:07:05 PDT