Event & Office Coordinator
Requisition # 2017-7828
Department Center for Human Values
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 7/31/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Application Deadline ..
The University Center for Human Values (UCHV) fosters ongoing inquiry into important ethical issues in private and public life and supports teaching, research, and discussion of ethics and human values throughout the curriculum and across the disciplines at Princeton University. An important component of the University Center's work is the many events it offers for its constituents - faculty, graduate students, postdocs, visiting faculty and the larger university community.
The UCHV seeks a highly organized individual to plan departmental events, and provide administrative support to faculty and Center administrators.
**Please note this is a two year term, part time position working during the academic year (18 hours/week, September - June approximately), with the possibility of renewal. Specific hours can be discussed during the interview process.
Event administration includes, but is not limited to, lectures, workshops, conferences, departmental functions, and special visitors. Responsibilities for the Event & Office Coordinator include:
- Coordinate travel for guests, makes hotel reservations, arranges for honorarium payments and reimbursements for guests.
- Assist with publicity, and disperses information internally and externally.
- Reserve on-campus rooms, place orders with building services, the Digital Print Center, and other entities both on and off campus with close attention to deadlines.
- Order food, sets up, cleans up after events, including food.
- Send out invitations and event notices via e-mail; distribute posters on campus.
- Help to maintain event calendars and event websites.
- Provide administrative support to faculty assisting in academic and teaching duties.
- Order supplies, oversee copy machines, coffee station, handle Federal Express and UPS mailings through the EShipGlobal system.
- Direct visitors, answers and responds to telephone calls.
- Assist assistant director and other administrative staff as requested and needed.
- Intermediate skills in Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and orally) with faculty, staff, departments within the university, visitors to the department, and outside vendors and agencies.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, as well as strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities. This position deals with a diverse group of visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the university. A high degree of flexibility is needed, and professional and courteous customer service is a must.
- Associates or other 2-year degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of related experience in events or related administrative work.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, PRIME, Concur, SAFE, and GPS, as well as all MicroSoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with Princeton University administrative environment and/or eagerness to learn is preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
18 hours/week; 10 months (hours to be discussed during interview process)
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
This is a two-year term position with possibility of extension.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.