Finance & HR Principal Professional
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide professional and research support for Kraemer Family Library faculty and staff. This position supervises one state classified staff. The position is also responsible for developing, managing, and administering Finance/Budget and Human Resources functions in the Library in accordance with higher education concepts, practices, and principles of the university, campus, and Library. This position serves as the contact for budget and HR inquiries in the Library and as the liaison to the Offices of Finance and Administration and Human Resources. Serves on the Library Leadership Team.
Examples of Work Performed
- Establishing internal controls of accounting and HR systems in the Kraemer Family Library
- Creating and maintaining a financial reporting structure that enables effective library governance
- Creating and communicating fiscal and HR policies and procedures to faculty and staff
- Compliance of all financial transactions with university/college policies
- Serving in a manager's capacity for fiscal and HR operations within the library.
- Provide solutions to create efficiencies in the accounting, budget, and personnel systems.
- Develop long-range and strategic plans within the Library at the programmatic and budget levels.
- Exercise authority to commit the Library to major expenditures and obligations, with approval from the Dean.
- Perform budget analysis and make recommendations based on budget forecasting and long-range planning.
- Integrate Library objectives with fiscal management (revenues and expenditures) to achieve Library goals.
- Forecast complex and diverse multi-year revenue streams for the aid of budget planning.
- Analyze, allocate, and revise revenue and expenditure authority where necessary and appropriate.
- Oversee and approve reconciliation of all budgets and monitor closely for appropriate allocation of expenses and budgetary constraints.
- Advise managerial units and enact budget and expenditure transfers.
- Prepare university management reports.
- Develop fiscal strategies to ensure most effective use of funds.
- Adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and refer to Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements and summaries when needed.
- Oversee the procurement and proper accounting of all equipment, supplies and services for the Library.
- Direct and manage accounts receivable and accounts payable functions within the Library.
- Manage all Kraemer Family Library grants and awards, and work with the Sponsored Programs Office as required.
- Develop reports as requested by the Dean for a multitude of constituencies.
- Within the guidelines of the University, Campus and Kraemer Family Library, recommends, and implements administrative and fiscal policies for the Library.
- Administers all funds of the Library, including general fund, auxiliary, sponsored projects, gifts, grants, and plant funds. Duties include monitoring and controlling revenue and expenditure activity for each source of funds, and processing journal entries, budget journal entries, and cash transfers.
- Participates in strategic planning activities for Library programs and initiatives.
- Works with campus Budget and Accounting Departments to clarify various issues related to budgeting and purchasing.
- Purchasing/Accounts Payable/Payroll/Travel. Initiates purchase orders, purchase requisitions, standing purchase orders, payment vouchers, PCARD purchases, travel expense reports, and non-employee payments/reimbursements.
- In conjunction with the Dean, holds responsibility for all aspects of faculty and staff personnel administration including recruitment, hiring, relocation, leave management, and termination.
- Independently generates employment-related contracts and applies compensation practices appropriate for the classification of faculty and staff. Ensures personnel actions are in compliance with Regent Policy 2K, and works with the Budget Office to provide data necessary for the annual Salary Increase Report.
- Monitors disbursement, receipt, and submission of required HR documents and ensures HR actions are entered accurately in the official record.
- Researches, develops, and assists the Dean, Associate Dean, and the Faculty Directors with Library initiatives and implements relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist faculty with travel needs by completing registrations, organizing, processing, and monitoring approved travel requests, and preparing travel expense reports.
- Oversees recruitment and hiring processes including position description development, search committee notices, and search waiver requests. Provides recruitment support to the chairs of search committees, and ensures the university's commitment to diversity and equality in employment is present throughout the Library's policies and processes.
- Manages faculty and staff review processes, including the faculty RPT process.
- Works with the Dean on the annual merit evaluation process for faculty and University staff positions in the Library, adhering to campus timelines. Provides oversight and compliance with university rules and regulations regarding reappointment, promotion, tenure and post-tenure review. Manages the Performance Plan and annual merit evaluation process between supervisors and their classified employees within campus timelines.
- Responds to HR related inquiries from Library employees and from authorized campus personnel.
- Participates in the HR Liaison meetings conducted by the campus HR Director.
- Assists new personnel with onboarding into Kraemer Family Library by providing orientation and training for new staff.
- Works with the Library Leadership Team to anticipate HR needs within the Library and acts to meet those needs.
Salary Range: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 year
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, human resources, or related field from an accredited college or university; or Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university with 3 years of relevant experience.
• Requires administrative and budget financial support experience, preferably in a university or college setting.
• Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
• Human resources and payroll experience at the University of Colorado or an accredited college or university.
• PeopleSoft application experience.
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multicultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin on August 21, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by August 20, 2017. Application must be made online at www.cu.edu/cu-careers (job number 10430) and must include a letter of application addressing in detail the specified qualifications for the position, a full resume, and names with postal addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers for five references, including two current or recent supervisors. Questions may be directed to Rhonda Glazier, Chair of the Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40090 - Library
Posting Date: Jul 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Glazier, Rhonda
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00400529